Principle Systems Administrator
Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
**$15K sign on bonus is available for current/active cleared at the Top Secret SCI or higher level. **
The Principle Systems Administrator – Pivotal Platform Operations, you will be part of a highly skilled cross-functional team of individuals delivering modern application platforms as a managed service for the United States Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC).
The Platform Operations position is responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes technologies as a managed service for the AOC enterprise in production operational environments. Working in a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these and supporting technologies to include their integration with external enterprise core services. All these technologies will be hosted in a VMWare VSphere environment, therefore experience working with VMWare is necessary.
The role of Platform Operations will require working very closely with the infrastructure, network and security operations team across one or many geographic theaters of AOC operations to ensure platforms in these distributed environments on classified and unclassified networks are stable, reliable, and always available for applications to run.
As Platform Operations, you will also support the application development teams who are building software products for AOC mission. You will share the status of these environments, answer questions about these environments, available services and their configuration, and offer recommendations on operational aspects that applications need to accommodate in their architecture. You will also implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to streamline the delivery of apps to production environments while aspiring to a culture of continuous process improvements.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability
- Provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking and storage
- Administer virtualized Linux and Windows systems
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
- Integrate platform with external enterprise core services such as Active Directory Federation Services, DNS etc.
- Work with Service Desk, Incident Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for the designated environments.
- Utilize automation tools to optimize the environments for DevOps.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
- Works closely with developers and hardware personnel in troubleshooting issues.
- 8+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Subject Matter Expertise in System Administration of Linux/Unix Operating System
- Experience with Windows Server Operating System including Active Directory
- Competence in configuring and maintaining VMWare VSphere environments
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / DNS / NTP.
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with production systems and troubleshooting production issues with operating systems and applications
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting/programming languages for automating frequently executed activities such as Python, Perl, Unix shell
- Experience in Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Expertise with VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDNs), network micorsegmentation and a familiarity with associated technologies such as NSX-V and NSX-T.
- Certifications including: VMWare Certified Professional, RHCE, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification
- Experience with configuration and management of Authentication technologies including: Active Directory Federated Services using SAML and OAuth 2 protocols
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Security + certification
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- An understanding of Site Reliability Engineering concepts such as Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 16 years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
HI - Hickam AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).