Senior Electrical EngineerApply Requisition ID 145914BR Date updated 12/25/2019
- Join one of the nation’s leading defence technology companies
- Be part of a talented team, working with cutting-edge technology to innovate, deliver, and sustain the next generation of capability for the Australian Defence Force
- Enjoy a rewarding career that offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will have the opportunity to support the naval submarine community, working on some of the most technically advanced Defence systems.
In this role you’ll work on the design, analysis, implementation, testing and lifecycle support of Submarine hardware components subsystems and configuration elements. As well as demonstrating expertise in providing innovative solutions to the project you will have responsibilities for the cost and scheduling commitments of the program.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will have direct engagement with key stakeholders including peers, Australian Defence Force personnel, capability partners, sub-contractors and suppliers; providing you with the opportunity to work across the Collins Class Submarine program alongside experienced technicians and Systems Engineers.
- Management of engineering and contractual documentation; as well as providing assistance to your colleagues in software and integration teams to resolve technical issues;
- Plan, schedule and monitor engineering tasks to support the overall project plan;
- Participate in major reviews throughout the Collins Submarines systems lifecycle.
- Manage stakeholder expectations to safely deliver project outcomes.
- Tertiary Qualifications in the Engineering discipline, with the primary focus of Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in electrical design and design changes.
- Familiarity with AS3000 Wiring Rules and with electrical and data interface standards and protocols, including: RS232, RS422, USB and Ethernet.
- Experience in Military Standard electrical component/subsystem selection and procurement.
- Experience in effectively representing engineering professional services to both internal and external customers
If you want to use your skills and experience to support one of the nation’s leading defence technology companies, we want to hear from you. Apply now via the button below or contact us at email@example.com 145914
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world. We are the leading systems integrator for the Collins Class Submarines, we provide mission support and solutions to protect, secure and defend our nation.
Negative Vetting 1
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
Australia - Western Australia
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.