Training Services Business LeadApply Requisition ID 129946BR Date updated 01/25/2019
Job Title: Training Services Business Lead
Req ID: 129946BR
Location(s): London, South and West England
Reporting to the relevant Raytheon UK Managing Director and the Business Development and Strategy Director, this high profile role will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplined, company-wide (UK/US) team to capture and then execute delivery of a series of major, strategic military training contracts in the UK and Middle east. Important opportunities include the British Army’s Collective Training Transformation Programme; Project Selborne, the Royal Navy’s programme to transform the management and delivery of the majority of RN UK shore-based training; a major transformative training opportunity with a UK intelligence organisation; and multi-million pound middle eastern training opportunities inserting technology innovations, virtual reality and gaming technologies; and a series of other complex and transformational training programmes. The combined value of these contracts comfortable exceeds £1Bn and all are due to be let within the next 3 or 4 years.
The Training Services Business Lead must be able to work at all levels within Raytheon UK and US, partner companies and, most importantly, the military customer organisation by engaging with key stakeholders (internal and external), and identifying and addressing their collective training needs. A strong innovative and commercially aware approach will be critical to delivering success.
This is a complex and challenging role that will be both highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements with MoD organisations. It demands excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina and, above all, a personal commitment to providing the HMG with a world class collective training system and service. Work location can be flexible, but there will be a focus on Raytheon’s facility in London and customers facilities which are typically located in the south and west of England.
Raytheon is one of the largest providers of training services in the world. We are a training services prime contractor and industry partner that can provide an integrated, holistic approach to transform training services, continually advancing and adapting to ever changing operational environments and advancements in technology. We have deep knowledge and experience in designing, developing, integrating, managing, maintaining and sustaining live, virtual, constructive and gaming (LVC-G) training and simulations systems. Our global training solutions give customers, particularly those in mission critical environments, a decisive operational advantage by leveraging our global training and simulation programme expertise and the latest technologies to align tailored business analytics, programme management and asset life-cycle solutions to mission objectives. We deliver this advantage for military, government, commercial and international customers.
Raytheon delivers training services, training support and a comprehensive portfolio of highly experienced staff based in over 100 offices worldwide. With a robust supporting infrastructure with reach back capabilities to a pool of qualified system engineering and training and simulation subject matter expert staff, Raytheon has the depth of experience and qualifications required to transform training solutions UK customers.
Detailed responsibilities for the role are as follows:
• Identify and leverage customer decision-makers and influencers and their interrelationships throughout the capture process to assure capture is properly customer focused
• Stay abreast of capture status, procurement status with the customer and assessing and re-planning appropriate responses
• Develop and execute customer engagement plans that address customer’s internal factors; external factors; and customer’s perceptions of Raytheon to shape procurement decisions and ensure customer success
• Use competitive intelligence tools and techniques to learn and assess customer issues, hot buttons and key performance parameters and appraise competitor’s potential solutions
• Successfully maintain continuity of customer relationship through all phases of capture and transition to contract award
Win Strategy Development
• Perform comprehensive customer and competitor assessment to develop the win strategy, discriminators, and counters to competitor’s discriminators
• Develop capture strategy offering differentiated customer-focused solutions based on information gleaned from the customer and competitive assessments
• Develop initial win strategy, discriminators and counters to competitor’s discriminators early in the capture life-cycle and updates them as necessary
• Ensure capture strategy is consistent with Business growth strategy
• Drive early Price to Win development and updates as needed from competitive intelligence
• Create sound business case and value proposition based on customer requirements
• Translate win strategy into executable capture plan and proposal development plan
• Take initiatives to build an effective, motivated, and winning capture team by identifying and obtaining key cross-functional personnel and other required resources
• View capture like a programme and uses proven programme management tools and techniques to establish, update, execute, and measure capture plans
• Create operational efficiencies in execution through compliance with, and effective process tailoring of Winning New Business processes by leveraging lessons learned
• Demonstrate ability to gain and maintain stakeholder buy-in and support, including commitment of right resources for plans and potential solutions
• Drive the capture team to develop differentiated customer focused solutions based on an analysis of customer issues, hot buttons and key performance parameters; and an assessment of competitor’s potential solutions
• Use proven financial management tools and techniques to deploy company investment and resources in a holistic manner to realize win strategy
• Work with proposal manager to develop proposal strategy, proposal plan, and proposal budget and effectively transitions capture strategy to proposal strategy
Business Lead Responsibilities
To the extent that new contracts are secured, the Training Services Director will be responsible for programme execution across the full programme life cycle. The successful candidate will be required to:
• Direct the delivery of the overall programme.
• Manage the programme within agreed budgets using Earned Value techniques, delivering each contracted milestone to agreed performance, cost and schedule commitment.
• Ensure that the customer and project requirements are fully understood and implemented within the programme plan.
• Motivate the programme team to perform and deliver requirements.
• Work in conjunction with other functional leaders to ensure that the resources required to support the programme are available and are assigned to the appropriate tasks and duties.
• Facilitate complex problem solving initiatives. This will require a high technical competence and ability to think strategic solutions from the customers’ perspective.
• Identify project risks and opportunities, quantify and produce mitigation, capture and contingency plans.
• Ensure the goals/ objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed by the programme team.
• Develop strong relationships with the senior customer community and team mates to ensure that they are meeting their commitments to the project.
• Demonstrable strong Leadership skills with a desire to succeed and inspire performance
• Proactive team builder who can motivate and lead by example
• Strong interpersonal skills, team motivator, able to build strong relationships with customers and peers. Able to drive multidiscipline teams
• Innovative & creative problem solver. Able to develop and deliver effective presentations.
• Able to facilitates problem solving of complex issues across business units and organisational boundaries
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - at all levels within the organisation and with the customer
• Commercially astute
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to identify and understand technical programme issues, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of an action plan to correct or satisfy problem areas.
• Integrity and honesty
• Energy, Drive and Staying Power; maintains personal motivation over the long haul
• Courage - able to make the difficult decision and challenge the status quo, if required
• Ability to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process to bring maximum effect in a short space of time.
Education and Experience - Essential
• Degree in Science, Engineering or Business Management, plus established progressive experience in programme/project using business performance management and reporting methodologies
• Established background in Defence
• Experience in a senior programme leadership role of leading multi-disciplined teams to deliver platform integration programmes to international customers and specifically within Collective Training
• Experience of working within the regulatory frameworks of the Defence or Aerospace Industry
• A successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle large-scale design and integration system development programmes for the Defence or Aerospace Industry with value in excess of £250M.
• Capable of managing and motivating a diverse and geographically dispersed team in the delivery of innovative solutions
• Demonstrable experience of senior Customer stakeholder engagement specifically with military customers
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UT Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Pensacola, FL
Time: 11:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Sonny’s BBQ 630 N. Navy Blvd Pensacola, Florida 32507 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Recruit Military Job Fair at Fort Hood
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th St. and Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Dulles, VA
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
SVA - Career Fair - Annual Conference 2020
Time: 8:00 am PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: JW Marriott 900 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, California 90015 Type: Diversity Conference Career Fairs
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Colorado Springs 11-2PM
Time: 11:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 1330 Inverness Drive Colorado Springs, Colorado Type: Professional Career FairRegister