SOC Analyst - ContractorApply Requisition ID 154958BR Date updated 01/13/2020
You will be responsible for the daily maintenance and support of applications and related hardware associated with our solutions for intrusion detection (IDS), Security Incident Event Monitoring (SIEM), and packet capture (PCAP). You will also be a subject matter expert for these tools, providing guidance to our security Operations centre.
Specifically you will be expected to deliver upgrades and manage configuration of technology that underpins cyber operations, this is will include working with and management of external vendors and service partners.
- Responding to requests from SOC to tune SIEM, IDS and associated tooling in an effective and timely manner
- Working with threat management teams and liasing directly with Network and DC teams to ensure Network architecture, Security Zone configuration and deployment of sensors and remediation platforms Is optimal and effective.
- Proficiency in use and maintenance of SIEM or Security Toolsets (such as Nexpose, Qradar, Splunk, Tenable, Magnet, Encase, Becrypt, and SANDBox systems)
- Responsible for the maintenance and currency of tooling, ensuring tools are available and being maintained supporting Incident and Vulnerability response
- Planning, preparing and executing technology change across a rapidly evolving environment
You will be a self starter with the ability to prioritise your own workload.
Experience of working in a SOC environment with proven experience in systems management
Ability to obtain and maintain full UK Secret clearance
Experienced in working with TCP/IP, Firewalls and network technology (Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft etc)
Industry qualifications such as CISSP, CCNP, MCSE or CMI Malware Investigations or equivalent
Excellent customer facing skills, internally and externally facing with nationals and international agencies.
Experience of creating small utilities or scripting in Powershell, Perl or Python
Experience of working in MOD and/or other regulated industries i.e. banking, telecommunications
An understanding of designing and implementing secure systems to HMG security requirements.
Any knowledge of cyber security best practises such as GPG13, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, ISO27001 would be advatageous.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or proven experience in a required area of expertise.
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow