Service Transition Management - ContractorApply Requisition ID 154947BR Date updated 01/13/2020
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Service Transition Management within the UK Information Technology function for the IT Transformation Programme. The IT function is responsible for the design and delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services.
Service Transition Manager will work alongside key members of the IT function wider Raytheon functions and the business to oversee and manage the Service Transition activities for the programme .
- Be accountable for Service Transition activities for the IT Transformation Programme within the IT Function
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all the resources that the Service Transition processes need to package, build, test, release, deploy, and establish a new or changed service
- Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services
- Define and be responsible for designing fit for purpose end-to-end service models, aligned to best practice (ITIL)
- Ensure service solutions are operable, recoverable and maintainable by service operations and are transitioned into the operational service
- Act as the single point of contact for the projects into operations and coordinate all transition activities
- Help the programme to successfully transition the service by clearly defining the operations criteria from the start and guiding the projects ensuring existing services are not impacted adversely by the project releases.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the Service Transition Process, providing support and guidance to projects to achieve successful transition of services into production and operations
- Build and maintain relationships with Project & Programme Managers, and Service Operations Teams to influence their decisions regarding the approach to the implementation of new/changed services
- Responsible for Early Life Support management, ensuring entry/exit criteria defined, agreed and met
- Manage risks relating to new, changed or retired services
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect change scope, schedule and quality.
Develop and maintain the forward schedule of change across IT including associated change freeze periods in line with business and IT requirements.
- Provide good-quality knowledge and information about services and service assets
- Manage periodic Service Transition reporting
Maintain a focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service.
- Responsible for the Post Implementation Review Process, ensuring lessons learnt are captured as improvement opportunities
Proven experience within a similar role as a Service Transition Manager, in a multi technology environment with extensive previous senior Service Transition and/or project management experience
- Proven understanding of change management processes in a fully change managed environment (ITIL)
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in transitioning large scale projects covering multiple internal teams and vendors, from development into support
- Experience in designing end-to-end service and support models
- ITIL v3 certified
- Very strong ITIL Service Transition process knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technology experience specifically within knowledge, change and release management
- Experience within a multi-vendor team structure
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation, leading by example to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of partners, delivery teams and stakeholders
- Strong people management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate team members and other colleagues to meet deliverables and adhere to agreed processes and ways of working
- Ensures compliance of the business services impacted by the change
- Understands policy, principles and approach
- Applies understanding and knowledge in project or programme activities
- Develops experience in the use of key change management tools and processes
- Contributes to the work of the community, building successful teams through understanding team styles and influencing as well as motivating team members
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared
- Hold the ITIL Certificate in IT Service Transition
- Experience of a PRINCE2 Project Delivery environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional presentation with strong people skills with all levels across the firm
- Able to gain credibility with senior staff and the trust of all staff
- Extensive defence/aerospace industry including specific experience of MoD/DoD programme engagement or associated highly regulated industry background.
Degree level education although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow