Service Desk Analyst - ContractorApply Requisition ID 143610BR Date updated 07/09/2019
Function : Information Technology
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology.
As a Service Desk Analyst, the incumbent will provide first level support to Raytheon UK colleagues within theIncident Service Desk. Service Desk Analysts provide technical support, performing IT diagnostics over the phone, and progress incidents and service requests through to resolution or escalation to the appropriate area. The Service Desk Analyst with have a genuine interest in customer service, technical support and building relationships.
Summary of Role
- Provide first level support for IT issues within a Service Desk environment.
- Logging calls and perform diagnostics over the phone.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT system problems for Raytheon UK colleagues.
- Manage customer queries and updates regarding existing Incidents and service requests, maintaining a high level of communication with the customer at all times.
- Responsible for performing first level incident/IT service request logging and problem management.
- Resolve or escalate customer requests via Service Desk management system.
- Provide best-in-class IT customer service and rapid service resolution.
- Document and escalate IT problem trends, customer concerns and issues.
- Create users and reset passwords.
Demonstrable Skills and Levels - SFIA Foundation Definitions
- Autonomy - Works under supervision. Uses little discretion. Is expected to seek guidance in unexpected situations.
- Influence - Minimal Influence. May work alone, or interact with immediate colleagues.
- Complexity - Performs routine activities in a structured environment. Requires assistance in resolving unexpected problems.
- Business Skills - Uses basic information systems and technology foundations, applications and processes. Demonstrates an organised approach to work. Learns new skills and applies newly acquired knowledge. Follows code of conduct, ethics and organisational standards. Is aware of health and safety issues. Has sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with others. Contributes to identifying own development opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT troubleshooting techniques, computing technologies and desktop support.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Genuine interest in customer service, technical support and building relationships.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Professional certifications; CompTIA A+, Security+
- Experience of working in an Incident Service Desk environment logging calls and performing IT diagnostics over the phone
- Previous experience with ServiceNow and/or Service Desk Express
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow