Senior Employee Engagement ManagerApply Requisition ID 126229BR Date updated 11/02/2018
Req ID: 126229BR
Location(s): Harlow or London (other sites such may be considered for the right candidate)
The role will provide strategic counsel on a broad variety of communications initiatives and will develop and build communications programmes to develop a comprehensive timely strategy for employee communications at Raytheon UK.
The role will work closely PR/ External / DSM leads to build and execute measurable communications programmes and will report into the Communications Director to determine major internal communications campaigns based on business priorities and the Transformation initiative, responsible for both content and the channel strategies.
The role will require the ability to travel across the UK as needed.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain understanding of Raytheon UK, our programmes, and how we do business and ensure our employee communications strategy & plan delivers an engaged & informed workforce.
- Develop and execute the Employee Communications Strategy for Raytheon UK
- Effectively counsel and influence stakeholders in communications best practices, providing recommendations on messaging, channel and media
- Partner with DSM and Web leads to develop plans and content in support of UK specific campaigns, and in bite size multimedia formats
- Own and manage OneRTN company intranet portal communications strategy
- Develop content strategy and utilise metrics to deliver content for internal communications that focuses on Company Strategy and Transformation with clear KPIs
- Serve as the primary communications liaison for the Transformation Initiative and lead on non product communications focused on, for example, Diversity & Inclusion, and Innovation
- Primary partner to Human Resources and Engineering for Enterprise wide campaigns and other Executive Leaders as required.
- Lead on all major tier 1 employee events and Strategy roadshows at the executive level
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Organizational Communications, Psychology or Marketing related disciplines
- Significant Communications experience, particularly in Business Change and Communications programmes
- Ability to be proactive, collaborative, creative, curious and willing to recommend new ideas and approaches
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly writing in corporate communications
- Excellent influencing, leadership, and communication skills - particularly within matrix organizations
- Ability to apply sound judgement and prioritisation, particularly in relation to managing conflicting demands
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - London