Quality Assurance EngineerApply Requisition ID 134657BR Date updated 03/06/2019
Req ID: 134657BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to support the procurement, production assembly and test and delivery of quality compliant products and services. This role will also facilitate and support the identification and implementation / flow-down of required Customer, Company and Regulatory requirements. Additionally, it will provide assurance through audit and continuous improvement and provide leadership in development of our suppliers, processes and people.
- Primary authority on all quality related matters on assigned programmes and areas of responsibility
- Interfacing and communication with program and functional areas to support the goals of the business
- Communicate effectively the requirements of RSL Quality Management System.
- Conduct Quality audits (product / product release / process / supplier quality / supplier acceptance)
- Hosting external agency, accreditation body and customer audits
- Defect investigation to identify and address root cause
- Audit NC's/internal 8D's/customer complaints and 8D's
- Ensure effective and timely closure of actions received from Audit NC's/internal 8D's/customer complaints and & 8D's
- Management of Root Cause Corrective action to ensure timely and effective closure
- Continued awareness of external standards & regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that customer contractual requirements and Quality requirements are fully understood, met and flowed down to the required level, including suppliers/sub-contractors
- Participation at design reviews and IPDS Gate Reviews and performing First Article Reviews (FAR's) both internal and supplier
- Evaluation of product development, performance of peer reviews of work products to support implementation of programme lifecycles and processes (test software, firmware, hardware and systems)
- Maintain quality records (including SCARS, 8D's, QCI and customer returns/complaints/audits/inspection)
- Ensuring integrity of products, materials and processes to satisfy business, customer and regulatory requirements
- Generation, review and maintenance of Quality / Supplier Quality / Configuration Management plans
- Effective and timely monitoring and status reporting for assigned programme(s) / areas of responsibility
- Providing independent assessments to support the generation of Declaration of Design and Performance where applicable
- Independent test witnessing and First Article Reports on site or at suppliers
- Application of statistical techniques to support the effective process management
- Application of quality tools and techniques to facilitate the monitoring, reporting and resolution of quality issues
- Application of risk management techniques to assess, mitigate and prevent potential product quality issues
- Primary authority and customer quality interface on all quality related matters including requirements flow down and verification of compliance on assigned programme(s), suppliers and areas of responsibility
- Planning and implementation of robust audit programmes to improve processes, reduce risk and assure compliance
- Management of people including performance management, development, coaching, mentoring and promotion of team work
- Experience within a Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering organisation
- Basic understanding of configuration and data control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of SMT, PCBA and box build
- Ability to review & interpret drawings and/or test reports
- Conversant with requirements of AS9100
- Working knowledge IPC soldering std. where applicable
- Internal Auditor or training to AS9100
- Good level of commercial awareness
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Understanding of automotive work practices including FMEA, MSA and PPAP where applicable
- Influential & knowledgeable in leading a team (e.g. process improvement, problem solving)
- Good facilitation skills
- People Management Experience including coaching, mentoring development and/or promotion of teamwork
- Ability to motivate and retain employee engagement
- Ability to review, plan and deliver Operational and Strategic activities
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
SC - Current
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow