Project Management Higher Apprentice (Level 6)Apply Requisition ID 129049BR Date updated 12/07/2018
Req ID: 129049BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is looking for an individual with the desire to learn and enthusiasm for a career in project management to join their Project Management Higher Apprenticeship Scheme in our Weapons business area. This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding and will launch your career in Project Management. The successful candidate will be assigned a permanent role and will work at our Harlow facility. However, visits to other Raytheon UK and customer sites may be required.
Our Project Management Apprentices will be trained and developed and will work alongside our Project Management professionals. As an Apprentice you will be fully supported to achieve a Level 6 in Project Management which will take 48 months and includes off-site study with an accredited training provider plus onsite on the job training and development.
Our Project Management Apprenticeship Scheme includes the following training:
- Principles of Project Management
- Stakeholder and Communications Management
- Planning, Scheduling and Estimating
- Risk Management
- Financial and Cost Management
- Managing and Controlling the Project
- Earned Value Management
- Project Change Control
Successful Apprentices Gain:
- Level 6, equivalent to a BSc (Hons) Degree in Project Management
- Eligibility to become a full member of the Association of Project Management (APM), the Chartered Body for the Project Profession
- APM Project Management Qualification
- Support in Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
As an Apprentice in Project Management you’ll will be a member of a multi-discipline programme delivery team and will play a key part in the successful delivery of our diverse range of complex programmes on-time and within budget. Our Project Management apprentices will gain experience in:
- Scheduling using MS Project and project controls management.
- Performing analysis such as critical path, Earned Value analysis and Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA).
- Risk and Opportunity Management processes and identification
- Supporting project managers with analysis of trend data to support effective decision making and the associated provision of metrics for project reviews.
- Working with the customer to establish requirements.
- Planning the project lifecycle.
- Achieving all project goals on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Exposure to Raytheon disciplines throughout the business.
The successful applicant will follow a structured career development plan which will include classroom and online training, delivered either at the workplace or with our accredited external training provider.
Typical monthly activity includes: 2 days at college, and 2 days of independent study including online learning, reading, assignments and evidence gathering.
- 6 GCSE’s including, English and Mathematics at grade 5/C or above
- A-levels, (or equivalent) with a minimum of 120 UCAS points. At least one of these qualifications should be in a numerate subject, e.g. a STEM subject, Business Studies or Economics etc.
- A logical thinker with attention to detail, and excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, disciplined, methodical, hardworking and a team player
- A keen interest in technology
- Able to use the MS Word, Excel and Office applications
- Eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve MoD security clearance
- Holder of a full UK Driving Licence
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in. 129049
Chemical Engineering/Material Science
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Veteran ONLY Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Veterans Northeast Outreach Center 10 REED Street HAVERHILL, Massachusetts Type: Professional Career Fair
SVA - Career Fair - Annual Conference 2019
Time: 7:30 am CT - 9:00 pm CT Address: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830 Type: Diversity Conference Career FairsRegister
GEOINT Community Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Waterford at Fair Oaks 12025 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy Fairfax, Virginia 22033 Type: Professional Career Fair
Fort Hood SFL-TAP Mega Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood on Fort Hood 5764 24th Street Fort Hood, Texas Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech- Engineering Tech Talk (Spring 2019)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Information Session
Georgia Tech Institute - ECE Career Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair