ITSM System AdministratorApply Requisition ID 152696BR Date updated 11/22/2019
Job Title: ITSM System Administrator
Function: Information Technology
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced IT professional to fill the role of ITSM System Administrator within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of all IT Services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery to critical functions and services.
The ITSM System Administrator is accountable for managing the day-to-day running of the ITSM tool within Raytheon UK. Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence. The successful candidate shall manage, improve, maintain all aspects of the newly introduced Cherwell ITSM too, which will be central to all IT service delivery. They will be operationally focused and will support the optimal use of the application, driving to improve efficiency within the function, reduce risk and maximise customer engagement.
- Consulting with IT and business stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Supporting the development and implementation of key service level agreements (SLAs) across the IT service catalogue and portfolios.
- Liaise with vendor to ensure stability of the application and the application to keep pace with enhancements and ensure integrated components remain fully functional.
- System Design/Configuration/Administration: Process and business logic, workflow creation, form design, user training, user/role/group provisioning and maintenance, backup, restore, issue resolution and managing system configuration.
- Quality assurance testing and user acceptance training
- Optimising system performance, security and storage utilisation. Planning ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrade to support the environment
- Tracking and manging change request process within the application
- Carrying out a programme of daily/weekly/monthly checks and develop approaches to improve, streamline and automate the health status of the environment.
- Effectively managing own deliverables: Tickets, Small Works Projects and Technical implementation and upgrade projects.
- Meet IS assurance, governance and policies to ensure we operate with confidence, through effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business, adherence to company security, accreditation and audit requirements.
- Proactively support the identification and management of risk via Risk Registers.
- Agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Maintain effective Asset Management and license compliance, system vulnerability management as required.
- Adhere to all the relevant and applicable policies and procedures in the department.
- Deliver cross functional improvement projects were applicable utilising the Raytheon 6 Sigma methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or work experience
- Experience with Cherwell ITSM tool as a system administrator, ideally a new implementation, with active ongoing maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Working knowledge of using report writing software and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Working knowledge of IIS
- Working knowledge/experience writing complex logical expressions
- Have an understanding of ITIL best practice, qualified to a minimum of ITIL Foundation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on continuous service improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience optimising system performance, security, storage utilisation, and planning ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support the environment
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Strong analytical, process-oriented, evaluative and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to manage ad hoc requests
- Demonstrable evidence of effective problem solving skills in complex support incidents.
- Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build positive relationships with both technical and business personnel.
- Experience of delivering high demand technical services in a complex matrix structure.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective collaboration capability within virtual teams and multi-party environments.
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Knowledge of virtualized server architecture (MS Windows OS 2008/2012/etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of project and service delivery disciplines including business analysis and requirements gathering, resource planning, ability to create project proposals. Full project lifecycle experience, user support & training experience.
- DV cleared or the ability to become DV cleared.
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow