IT Service Desk ManagerApply Requisition ID 133669BR Date updated 02/12/2019
Function: Information Technology
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced IT Service Desk Manager to lead the IT Service Desk function within the UK Information Technology function. The function is our highly visible ‘shop front’, responsible for the delivery of front line services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and all IT services.
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the IT Service Desk team which provides Tier 1 support for all users across Raytheon UK. The Service Desk Manager will own the capture. Progression and reporting of incidents and requests through providing outstanding front line IT support.
• Provide day to day supervision for the Raytheon UK IT Service Desk Team.
• Ensure IT services are delivered in a repeatable way that exceeds customer expectations, including the provision of progress and updates of any in-flight service requests.
• Ensure the Service Desk provides quality call handling and incident and service request progression supporting the provision of all IT services.
• Manage the IT Service Desk function ensuring that delivery of all IT services delivered from this critical touch point are highly responsive and communicative, effectively prioritised and timely.
• Drive continuous improvement to support engagement, efficiency and collaboration across the IT team by driving simplification and automation to maximise outcomes for the organisation as a whole.
• Develop the Service Desk team professionally through being a role model: guidance, coaching and associated performance management to maximise performance and engagement.
• Proactively report and progress incident and problem resolution through collaboration with supply side competency centres.
• Maintain effective internal customer alignment through a strong understanding of your customers and their strategies, environments and support requirements and match the service delivery and development accordingly.
• Create a Service Improvement Plan for your service area and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated to peers and customers through regular Service Review meetings and events.
• Ensure daily system checks and support the daily IT Service status meeting.
• Maintain appropriate system documentation, support procedures and proactive rota/cover arrangements.
• Maintain Service quality levels, overseeing diverse and complex customer service events that require drive and focus to resolve.
• Ensure the provision of an appropriate Out of hours/On Call Cover service. In some cases 24x7 service cover by your service will be required.
• Effectively manage operational supplier performance and repairs & maintenance contracts, including software licencing compliance, software licence & support contract agreements and renewals, supplier selection and due diligence, and maintenance of up-to-date NDA’s.
• Ensure appropriate OLAs & SLAs are in place within the scope and service of this role.
• Carry out a programme of daily/weekly/monthly checks and develop approaches to improve, streamline and automate the health status of the environment.
• Meet IS assurance, governance and policies to ensure we operate with confidence, through effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business, adherence to company security, accreditation and audit requirements.
• Proactively identify and manage risk via Risk Registers.
• Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
• Maintain consistently high levels of satisfaction as measured by regular surveys including net promoter feedback, post implementation, and formal annual surveys.
• Deliver cross functional improvement projects were applicable utilising the Raytheon 6 Sigma methodology.
• Effectively manage team performance through delegation, development and performance management in line with Raytheon’s policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with colleagues towards achieving strategic, departmental, and business objectives.
• Influence locally based colleagues and global counterparts, creating trusted relationships and driving higher levels of engagement with our colleagues and customers.
• Identify development opportunities for yourself and individual direct reports against the RSL Leadership Behaviours and Team Effectiveness Models.
• Prioritise staff workloads in line with demand, priorities and background maintenance and upgrade activities. Ensure any staffing, support and availability related risks to the service are understood and mitigated.
• Support the effective transition of business change into business as usual operation ensuring minimal business impact.
• Develop Self Service capability tools such as self-help, support guides, FAQ’s Wiki Pages etc…
• Carry out any other operational duties as reasonably required.
Demonstrable Skills and Levels - SFIA Foundation Definitions
• Autonomy - Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
• Influence - Influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level. May have some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources. Participates in external activities related to own specialism. Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
• Complexity - Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.
• Business Skills - Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets. Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow