EHS AdvisorApply Requisition ID 145799BR Date updated 09/02/2019
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is proud of its EHS performance and is continuing to develop tools and processes to minimise risks to our employees and the environment we operate in.
We’re looking for an EHS professional to join our UK EHS team and provide EHS leadership and guidance to management & employees within our business. This role requires a level of business travel to support several business locations.
This role will actively lead and advise on all aspects on health, safety and environmental compliance with UK regulations and Corporate EHS Standards and drive improvements to our performance. This is a proactive and visible role that requires excellent relationship skills.
Working as part of the wider UK EHS & Facilities Management team, the EHS Advisor will be expected to contribute to the function by engendering a culture of service excellence.
- Maintains an EHS Management System in accordance with EHS Legal Requirements and Corporate EHS Standards
- Provides EHS advice and guidance at all levels of the business to minimise risk
- Evaluates EHS risks and business changes to develop risk reduction strategies, including Risk Assessments, Fire Risk Assessments, First Aid Assessments, Ergonomic and Display Screen Equipment Risk Assessments
- Reviews building, lay-out and other business required changes with Facilities and Functional management to advise on EHS requirements
- Organises & facilitates regular EHS meetings and forums with key stakeholders
- Arrange the EHS training and awareness programme and delivers EHS training where competent
- Lead and/or participate in EHS audits, inspections, incident investigations and EHS meetings
- Ensures contractor safety requirements are managed in partnership with Facilities Management
- Coordinates monitoring of the workplace environment and involves Occupational Health when required
- Develops and implements Company EHS policies and procedures
- Monitors and drives completion of sites’ EHS compliance tasks
- Sets and drives actions for continuous improvement in EHS performance.
- Supports EHS & Facilities Team objectives by managing the implementation of key projects to improve performance & processes
- Promotes & champions environmental sustainability within the business
- Keeps up to date with EHS requirements and identifies and shares EHS best practice.
- Provides reports on EHS compliance and performance metrics
- Liaises with regulatory authorities
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (e.g. Occupation Health & Safety Degree) that satisfies graduate membership of IOSH
- Fire Risk Assessor qualification
- OHSAS18001/ISO14001 auditing qualification
- Proven experience of providing EHS leadership & support in a high tech environment
- Experience of conducting fire risk assessments, equipment/process risk assessments, Display Screen Equipment risk assessments, first aid risk assessment, ergonomic & office risk assessments
- Experience in promoting environmental sustainability & stewardship at all levels
- Experience of developing & delivering EHS training classes
- Proficient at report writing, creating and presenting presentations using Microsoft office tools (in particular: Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- High level of initiative and committed to meeting goals
- Excellent skills in communication & building relationships at all levels
- Promote EHS & FM as a partner of choice and portrays the function as an enabler to assist the business in managing its compliance & risk obligations
- Builds and encourages partnerships with other function’s employees to find and implement solutions
- Able to provide support to Facilities management
- Able to manage a diverse workload and prioritise accordingly
- Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate
- Member of a relevant recognised industry professional body (e.g. IOSH, IIRSM)
- Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Environmental Health & Safety
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow