Data ControllerApply Requisition ID 132715BR Date updated 02/14/2019
Req ID: 132715BR
Summary of Role
To support the Data Management Team by establishing and maintaining the integrity of Raytheon UK data, both software and hardware. The role is varied, covering a breadth of high technology Business areas and has the opportunity for professional development in this profession. Training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to gain knowledge and confidence along with new skill sets and therefore to work with minimal supervision.to work with minimal supervision.
- Provide data support and control across Raytheon UK programmes in the main Business sectors as defined in Raytheon processes and practices.
- Evaluate and input Engineering data into the company data management systems.
- The preparation of agenda and minutes in support of Configuration Control Boards.
- Assist with off- site storage archives/retrievals.
- To proactively participate in process improvements via the use of Raytheon Six Sigma Principles.
- Support company forums as required and attend meetings and training sessions.
- Deputise where applicable for the Senior Configuration and Data Controller.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- PC Literacy in the Windows environment.
- Proven experience and working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to manage and work within agreed timescales.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Experience in the use of PDM/PLM tools
- An understanding of data control/engineering practices
- Experience using SAP
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow