Infrastructure Technical Subcontract Manager (TSM)
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon is the prime contractor for the Air Operations Center Weapon System Long -Term Modification and Sustainment (AOC WS LTM&S) Team providing the sustainment and renovation for the Air Force Weapon System. This is a cost plus fixed fee LOE services contract that has a life cycle through 7/31/2022. We are seeking a Technical Subcontract Manager (TSM) that will ensure that all infrastructure subcontractors apply and employ program-approved engineering principles throughout the enterprise definition, development, and deployment of the program. The TSM has technical authority over Dell subcontractor activities in support of the AOC WS LTM&S program. This position is based in Langley, VA with travel to Boston MA, Washington DC, and potentially to AOC sites (Qatar, Ramstein, Korea, and Hawaii).
Duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Overall technical leadership of the Dell subcontractor during the design, development, deployment, and sustainment, of the system including pre-acquisition and proposal phases – including completeness of design artifacts and cost scrubs
- Analysis of bill of material (BOM) submittal, inclusive of the scalability and sizing factors.
- Creation of LOM and BOM for platform acquisitions needed, and working closely with SCM and the Dell team on said procurements
- Support dialogs with customers to elicit objectives and requirements and resolve technical issues.
- Oversee top-down decomposition of functions and architecture, risk management, requirements analysis and management, design, development, integration, verification, and operation and maintenance.
- Ensuring the subcontractor(s) adhere(s) to approved programmatic processes for the successful execution of proposals, projects, and/or programs.
- Providing leadership and direction in all phases and disciplines of technical program execution.
- Authoring statements of work and other documents required to define the specifications and management of subcontracts
- Technical oversight during program execution of all subcontract deliverables
- Independent analysis of subcontractor cost/schedule status.
- Serve as the technical focal point and interface for all verbal and written communications with Dell and with the customer and internal program stakeholders as such communications relate to the subcontractor.
- Existing DoD Secret clearance required with ability to obtain DoD Top Secret/SCI level clearance
- Knowledge and understanding of business process re-engineering practices
- Experience in stakeholder engagements and management
- Background in development of information technology programs
- Experience in the development of large infrastructures in a service delivery paradigm, including infrastructure architectures, scaling, sizing, and BOM generation
- Knowledge of TSM best practices
- Solid understanding of SOW, WBS, requirements, and product specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain communication with Procurement Specialists, Contract Administrators, Management, and Business Area personnel
- Ability to establish and nurture subcontractor, vendor and customer relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience as a TSM and/or technical oversight of major/complex development subcontracts
- Proven working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Scheduling, Six Sigma, and IPDS
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and procedures for large development projects with a focus on requirements establishment, technical data or work package development, and management of the standard design/program review process from concept development to initial operating capability (IOC) to final operating capability (FOC)
- Ability to establish and manage Statement of Work (SOW) requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project plans within budget and schedule constraints
- Ability to focus on program goals to ensure that solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Demonstrated experience managing the technical aspects of a major subcontract
- Experience with technical specifications of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products
- Ability to analyze and extract technical requirements from Raytheon’s prime contracts
- Capability to support negotiations with subcontractors and customers
- Working knowledge of subcontract terms and conditions
- Ability to conduct or support make/buy analyses
- Ability to support due diligence of suppliers
- Ability to form and maintain strong business relationships with subcontractors
- Ability to establish/lead subcontractor/Raytheon working teams
- Ability to problem solve broad-based technical issues
- Capability of supporting business level attempts to resolve disagreements with supplier
- Active DoD Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Existing US Government TS/SCI security clearance
- Knowledge/experience in commercial subcontracting
- Background in development IT programs highly desirable
- Experience in program phases from proposal to award to development to implementation
- Knowledge of pre-acquisition and proposal preparation processes
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 10 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Hampton
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).