Supply Chain Material Program Manager (MPM) LeadApply Requisition ID 142095BR Date updated 06/11/2019
The MPM Lead will serve as a single Supply Chain point of contact to the Program Management, Quality, Engineering, Finance, Business Development, Operations, and Contracts representatives on the program leadership team. This individual will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives. The MPM Lead ensures a strong link between the program team and various Supply Chain functions including: Procurement, Subcontracts Management, Supply Chain Operations, Strategic Sourcing, Estimating & Pricing, and Logistics.
The MPM Lead is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills, the ability to lead and develop direct reports, and must be able to influence other functions in a matrixed environment. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, capable of developing and executing supply chain strategies, achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of management. The candidate must be adaptable and able to quickly adapt plans to changing goals and requirements in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with other functions and management to ensure appropriate staffing for execution
- Creating, managing, and executing material program strategy (MPS) (including Make Buy Where (MBW) strategy) and the material program plan (MPP) to ensure program competitiveness and performance
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process (i.e. supplier risk / opportunity management, supplier performance, small business plan development and execution, metrics, collaborative agreements, etc.)
- Communication of customer flow through requirements (i.e. FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, quality, warranty, etc.)
- Supporting the customer in meeting all program objectives (technical, cost, schedule, etc.)
- Customer communications and building a robust relationship
- Providing comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensuring program compliance
- Financial management (i.e. budgets, targets, EACs, working capital, material sales forecasts, etc.) for supply chain scope
- Leading, tracking, and reporting of an integrated product team responsible for the delivery of procured content from suppliers
- Resolving material shipment and / or data issues
- Facilitating material contract closure activity
- Minimum of 10 years of combined work experience (can include Graduate school experience) in functional areas of Supply Chain, Finance, Operations (including Production Control), or Project Management. Of those 10 years, a minimum of 3 years must have been in Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience achieving goals in an matrix environment
- Experience in managing to a budget
- Experience providing inputs into or reviewing EACs
- Experience communicating complex concepts or ideas in a clear and concise manner to various levels of internal management
- Demonstrated strong analytical and prioritization skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience with Proposal and New Business Capture
- Experience with developing and analyzing performance metrics as well as experience proactively addressing associated program and functional issues
- Experience with supplier management
- Experience effectively leading people and developing talent
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Supply Chain processes
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, etc.)
- Certified Material Program Manager, Program/Project Management, PMP certification or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree (BA or BS) in Business Management, Engineering Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations, or other related field
- Master Degree (MA or MBA) – Management, Supply Chain, or Business
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Goleta
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Santa Barbara - The American Riviera
Our location in Goleta, Santa Barbara offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Santa Barbara is also known as the American Riviera. See what that city has to offer. Learn More
A safer world starts with smart thinking
As a global enterprise, Raytheon’s professional functions touch all areas of the company and all corners of the world. Each of our businesses has its own professional staff at its specific locations, while a corporate team is in place at our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts. Learn More
Find your fit then start standing out
Our inclusive culture is one that recognizes uniqueness, empowers each employee, values all contributions and contributors, and leverages a diverse workforce. An important component of this is our wide range of Employee Resource Groups. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
MacDill Quarterly Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Surf’s Edge Club 7315 Bayshore BLVD MacDill AFB, Florida 33621 Type: Professional Career Fair
Patch Barracks Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Swabian Special Events Center Patch Barracks 2502, 7056 Stuttgart, 70569 Type: Professional Career Fair
Ramstein Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Ramstein Officers' Club 302 Lincoln Boulevard Ramstein, 66877 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
National Intern Day
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Networking Event
Hire Our Heroes Joint Base San Antonio Networking Reception
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: RBFCU Admin Service Center 1 IKEA RBFCU Parkway Randy Smith Auditorium Live Oak, Texas 78233 Type: Professional Career Fair