Sr Contract NegotiatorApply Requisition ID 130736BR Date updated 01/03/2019
RVS is looking for a Sr. Contracts Negotiator who wants to work in an exciting, fast paced environment supporting contracts with numerous internal and external customers. The contracts cover a wide range of dollar values, scope and product lines. These dynamic programs manufacture production level hardware, support commercial products and develop cutting edge advanced technology.
This contracts position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the RVS contracts portfolio. RVS is a high volume, highly technical site with various commercial, internal and US Government customers. Candidates must be able to effectively multitask, be familiar with DoD contracting, and demonstrate good communicable skills to be able to interface with all levels of internal and external customers.
The Sr. Contract Negotiator will serve as an agent of the company and will lead the program team in proposal activities, negotiations, and all other miscellaneous contract activities and duties. The individual assigned to this position will receive, processes and releases contracts; review and negotiate terms and conditions; maintain contract files; and work within a cross functional team to develop and submit proposals and administer contracts in accordance with company policies. This position routinely interfaces with the RVS Leadership Team, RVS IPTs and internal/external customers; serves as primary point of contact for resolution of customer issues; develops and maintains customer relationships; and supports program meetings and financial/operations reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Contracts, Business Administration, Business Law or related discipline with 6+ years applicable work experience in US government contracts – contracts or supply chain OR Master’s Degree in Contracts, Business Administration, Business Law, Finance or related discipline
- Apply the tenants of Raytheon's Customer Focused Marketing to establish and maintain effective customer relationships based on professionalism, responsiveness and ethical conduct.
- Review RFPs, proposals and contractual documents for contractual requirements and risks, ensure proposed solutions meet customer requirements and meet company policies and standards
- Lead proposal and contract negotiations to achieve business objectives while ensuring customer needs are met.
- Perform as key contributor during the pre-proposal strategy, proposal development, negotiation and start up phases of programs
- Ability to work in a team environment with customers and peers
- Ability to prioritize daily actions
- Ability to handle high volume contracts tasking and to multi-task across multiple programs and product lines
- Experience working with FAR and DFAR and other government regulations
- Experience with multiple contract types
- Experience in generating and negotiating proposals/terms and conditions/contracts
- Experience in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, or PowerPoint)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and maintaining high-performance relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Experience working with program management principles
- Excellent and effective written & verbal communication skills (formal correspondence to customers)
- Existing security clearance OR ability to obtain a security clearance
- Defense industry experience
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent.
Desired Education: Master’s degree. 130736
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Goleta
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Santa Barbara - The American Riviera
Our location in Goleta, Santa Barbara offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Santa Barbara is also known as the American Riviera. See what that city has to offer. Learn More
A safer world starts with smart thinking
As a global enterprise, Raytheon’s professional functions touch all areas of the company and all corners of the world. Each of our businesses has its own professional staff at its specific locations, while a corporate team is in place at our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts. Learn More
Find your fit then start standing out
Our inclusive culture is one that recognizes uniqueness, empowers each employee, values all contributions and contributors, and leverages a diverse workforce. An important component of this is our wide range of Employee Resource Groups. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
University of Arizona Engineering iExpo - Spring 2019
Time: 10:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. 3rd Floor Tucson, Arizona 85719 Type: Campus Career Fair
U of Arizona - Engineering Tech Talk - Spring 2019
Time: 6:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Student Engagement & Career Development (SUMC, 411) 1303 E. University Blvd Bldg. #17, Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Tech Talk
Georgia Tech- Engineering Tech Talk (Spring 2019)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Information Session
Georgia Tech Institute - ECE Career Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair
Georgia Tech Grand Challenge Industry Panel
Time: 5:00 pm ET - 7:30 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Employer Panel
Veteran's Virtual Open House
Time: 11:30 am CT - 1:00 pm CT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister