Mgr III Business DevelopmentApply Requisition ID 130330BR Date updated 12/20/2018
The Business Development Senior Manager position plays a key role qualifying and winning new business, developing and executing strategy, and customer development. This experienced Senior Manager must identify and understand market needs & growth, work with existing customers and establish new customers, develop strategies and deploy tactics to execute and meet our annual operating plans for Raytheon Vision Systems (RVS) Space Product Line with focus on the defense and civil sectors.
This position will operate under the guidance of the Business Development lead for RVS and the Space Product Line Director, and will adhere to established proposal processes, assist with or run major & minor proposal efforts, conduct Strategy & Gate reviews, develop ROM cost estimates, and generate price-to-win strategies and win themes. This BD professional leads development of Product Line strategies, briefs leadership, and leads business development, opportunity shaping, proposal management and capture to meet assigned bookings plan. This individual will lead new business planning, prediction & monitoring in their assigned markets, develop customer contact plans and host / support / plan customer meetings. In addition this individual will lead identification and support of conferences and trade shows related to their assignment as required. The BD Senior Manager will participate in customer wants/needs tracking and assessment, and will bring broad market knowledge to assist in identification and qualification of new business opportunities. This position will lead development of capability white papers, customer presentations, and develop and manage marketing collateral materials consistent with Raytheon policy, RVS strategy and technology roadmaps. The position will leverage Raytheon USBD and Raytheon International resources, search for and utilize Raytheon resources for market information, conduct general market and competitive intelligence research.
Key Job Duties include:
- Meet RVS’s annual operating plan and develop a robust pipeline for the Space product line
- Develop customer relationships, clearly communicate RVS capabilities, and develop approaches and solutions to customer needs
- Participate in and host/coordinate/facilitate customer meetings
- Develop cost and price to win analyses and cost estimates
- Execute the RVS Integrated Product Development process for business capture. Oversee and create proposals and conduct gate reviews
- Develop RVS capability white papers, product analysis, and various presentations
- Prepare marketing materials
- Participate in market, environment, and customer analysis activities with the business area lead
- Some travel will be required to support Customer meetings, Industry events and conferences; and to RVS Goleta.
- Responsibilities include:
- Leadership: provide business development and capture leadership under the direction of the Business Development Lead for assigned market area,
- Develop the Business: Develop a business strategy consistent with product line goals and market penetration plan to grow the market area.
- Apply Technical Expertise: Know and understand core technologies for the product line to be able to coordinate and communicate between customers and internal operations, and lead assigned market pursuit strategy.
- Structure and Staff: Work with colleagues for customer development, whitepapers, new market capture activities and proposals.
- Known leader with key government & prime customers and/or ability to rapid re-establish contacts. Experience in bidding, cost projection, effective communication/presentation, roadmap generation, analytical and problem solving skills. Able to develop business plans for long term growth.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development, program management, or technology development management.
- Program/project management, interpersonal communication team building and collaboration across business skills. Ability to interface at the Director, Vice President Level and above.
- Intelligence gathering and assessment of market segments, customers, competition, including realistic assessment of opportunities, status updates, and partnerships.
- Identification of funding line items on program aligned with US Government budgeted line items
- Innovative thinker with strong initiative.
- Systems solutions thinker to address customer needs.
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance
Desired Skills: Current TS/SCI Clearance
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Desired Education: MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Goleta
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Santa Barbara - The American Riviera
Our location in Goleta, Santa Barbara offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Santa Barbara is also known as the American Riviera. See what that city has to offer. Learn More
A safer world starts with smart thinking
As a global enterprise, Raytheon’s professional functions touch all areas of the company and all corners of the world. Each of our businesses has its own professional staff at its specific locations, while a corporate team is in place at our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts. Learn More
Find your fit then start standing out
Our inclusive culture is one that recognizes uniqueness, empowers each employee, values all contributions and contributors, and leverages a diverse workforce. An important component of this is our wide range of Employee Resource Groups. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
University of Arizona Engineering iExpo - Spring 2019
Time: 10:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. 3rd Floor Tucson, Arizona 85719 Type: Campus Career Fair
U of Arizona - Engineering Tech Talk - Spring 2019
Time: 6:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Student Engagement & Career Development (SUMC, 411) 1303 E. University Blvd Bldg. #17, Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Tech Talk
Georgia Tech- Engineering Tech Talk (Spring 2019)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Information Session
Georgia Tech Institute - ECE Career Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair
Georgia Tech Grand Challenge Industry Panel
Time: 5:00 pm ET - 7:30 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Employer Panel
Veteran's Virtual Open House
Time: 11:30 am CT - 1:00 pm CT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister