Contracts NegotiatorApply Requisition ID 139346BR Date updated 05/02/2019
The individual in this role will provide contracts support and will be responsible for participation in analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), proposal reviews and coordination, as well as participate in contract negotiation, contract administration, and close out with the U.S. Government and Prime Contractors. Furthermore, this role will require daily and close communication with customers; effective management of customer priorities/needs; and the closure of contractual issues.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in Government contract administration, to include proposal preparation, contract negotiation, day-to-day contract execution.
- Exposure to the FAR, DFARS, ITAR, TINA requirements, terms and conditions.
- Exposure to financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements, as well as the ability to negotiate a variety of contract types which may include: FFP, Cost Reimbursable and Incentive Fee arrangements
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Highly motivated and organized; customer-focused; with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to quickly assess risks and opportunities contained in various contracting documents and provide an impact assessment of such to management.
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales and Direct International Sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing many transactions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - Goleta
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Santa Barbara - The American Riviera
Our location in Goleta, Santa Barbara offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Santa Barbara is also known as the American Riviera. See what that city has to offer. Learn More
A safer world starts with smart thinking
As a global enterprise, Raytheon’s professional functions touch all areas of the company and all corners of the world. Each of our businesses has its own professional staff at its specific locations, while a corporate team is in place at our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts. Learn More
Find your fit then start standing out
Our inclusive culture is one that recognizes uniqueness, empowers each employee, values all contributions and contributors, and leverages a diverse workforce. An important component of this is our wide range of Employee Resource Groups. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U of Arizona- Engineering/STEM Next Day Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Screens
U. of Arizona - Eller EXPO (Finance LDP) - Undergrad (Fall 2019)
Time: 11:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: McClelland Atrium, 2nd Floor 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall Career Days - Engineering & Technology Fall 2019
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Spartan Stadium 891 Birch Rd East Lansing, Michigan 48824-5005 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall 2019 AES Networking Mixer
Time: 7:00 pm ET - 8:30 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking Event
New Mexico State U. - Career Expo (Fall 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Corbett Center Student Union 3rd Floor Ballrooms 1600 International Mall Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. Texas, San Antonio Campus Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens