Chief Engineer - Radar Warning Receiver – Electronic WarfareApply Requisition ID 96947BR Date updated 05/02/2017
Raytheon Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems is seeking a Chief Engineer (CE) for current and future implementations of Advanced Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) Systems. The role includes oversight and adherence to strong engineering principles for the purpose of trade studies, performance analysis, requirements flow down, requirements management, architecture development, earned value planning and tracking. The candidate will lead Proposal Development and provide technical Leadership. The Chief Engineer is responsible for technical and programmatic compliance. Development and review, developing test strategy, writing test plans, reviewing test data and preparing for design reviews/presentations to customers. The Chief Engineer will interface daily with the Program Area Chief Engineer, Program Manager, and other technical leaders, or individual engineering contributors.
The CE is responsible for the Overall Engineering content and primary point of contact, internally and externally. The CE is the final authority for engineering input to all decisions impacting product integrity to ensure the product and deliverables satisfy all contractual requirements, technical specifications, operational requirements and customer expectations. The CE will provide technical leadership of peer groups and technical mentoring.
- The Chief Engineer guides and directs other assigned Engineering leads to achieve program and technical success.
- The Chief Engineer is accountable for the performance of program and all product deliverables.
- The Chief Engineer provides Engineering authority to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality. The Chief Engineer organizes all program independent reviews. The CE reviews all engineering inputs to gates and independent reviews.
- The CE will ensure Engineering leadership and Management receive timely and relevant communication.
- The CE supports coordination across program engineering throughout the entire product life cycle. Fosters “systems” thinking across the various technical disciplines.
- The CE ensures adequate and timely participation in Engineering Review Board and the Risk & Opportunity Management Board.
- The CE provides final review of all Engineering inputs for all program execution plans and EAC’s. The CE generates BOEs, weekly highlights and technical reports as required. Including technical planning to include cost, schedule, and requirements for new or high risk activities.
- Minimum of 10 year’s engineering experience in Electronic Warfare or Radar systems with at least 6 years in a lead position
- Extensive experience in system product development
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to achieve program special access
- Experience in coordination/communication with multi-disciplined teams
- Demonstrated ability at interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, multi-disciplined engineering team members, and technical consultants in a fast paced setting
- Skilled in proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items
- Experience in cost/schedule development and management (EVMS)
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Able to work independently; determines & develops approach to solutions
- Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
- Experience and Proven Track record in System and Subsystem Integration.
- Six Sigma practical knowledge and / or project experience desired (formal Six Sigma training or certification preferred)
- Experience with Radar Warning Receiver Systems
- Mission & CONOPS analysis
- Experience in modeling and simulation of RWR system performance
- Experience as a LSE or CE on a previous program
- System level architecture & modeling experience
- Experience with various life cycle models
- Testing with real/simulated threats and flight testing.
- Working knowledge with ground based and airborne threat signals of interests
- Experience with digital implementations of EW receive components
- Experience performing system analysis of complex data processing systems & proven performance analysis skills, fault isolation investigation skills in characterizing, monitoring & tuning data processing systems
- Successful Hardware development background including but not limited to RF, Processor, and/or Power Supply designs.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Desired Education: Master’s degree (MS) preferred
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Goleta
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
BYU - STEM Career Fair - Fall 2017
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Wilkinson Student Center 1060 N East Campus Dr Garden Court & East Lounge Provo, Utah 84602 Type: Campus Career FairRegister
BYU - Information Session Fall 2017
Time: 6:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Wilkinson Student Center, 2410 701 East University Parkway Room 3290, Multimedia Cabinet Provo, Utah 84602 Type: Information SessionRegister
MSU Campus Screens
Time: 8:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: MSU College of Engineering 428 S. Shaw Lane East Lansing, Michigan 48824 Type: Campus ScreensRegister
NMSU- Next Day Campus Screens - Fall 2017
Time: 8:00 am MT - 4:30 pm MT Address: NMSU Careeer Services 3024 Locust Garcia Annex 224 Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus ScreensRegister
University of Texas, El Paso - Career EXPO 2017
Time: 9:00 am MT - 2:00 pm MT Address: UTEP Don Haskins Center 151 Glory Road Admin Office 1.318B El Paso, Texas 79902 Type: Campus Career FairRegister
USC- Engineering Information Session (Fall 2017)
Time: 6:00 pm PT - 7:15 pm PT Address: University of Southern California 3601 Trousdale Parkway Seeley G. Mudd (SGM) 101 Los Angeles, California 90089 Type: Information SessionRegister