Test & Integration Engineer
Gloucester, United Kingdom
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our brand new Cyber Centre based in Gloucester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team.
· Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team
· Manage test environment(s), data and tool requirements
· Create and manage automation, both function and non-functional tests and deployment scripts
· Create and perform exploratory manual testing
· Contribute to the production of test documents as required
· Provide test reporting mechanisms
· Raise defects on the backlog and support the wider development team in their resolution.
· Be a bastion of Quality and help instil this in the team.
· Understanding of Agile development and demonstrable application of relevant test methodologies and toolsets.
· Test script development
· Experience of Automated Test Tools
· Experience of Non-Functional testing
· Experience of Exploratory testing
• Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
• Experience of TDD/BDD
• Monitoring and Logging tools and techniques
• Experience of Source Control tools
• Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux
• Experience of Continuous Integration
• Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
• Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
• Linux system administration skill
• Military or Government project background
• Knowledge of Information Security “best practice”
• Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential.
We are looking for test & integration engineers with professional experience. Hands on experience in an Agile delivery team using industry best of breed technology and techniques within a digital focused organisation.
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Research & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Gloucester
- Programme Engineering Management (PEM) ) Profession Lead Harlow, Wales, Broughton, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester, Waddington
- Senior Software Engineer Gloucester
- Senior Software Engineer Gloucester
- Principal Software Engineer Gloucester
- CVI Human Factors Consultant Gloucester
- Talent Acquisition Specialist (fixed term contract) Gloucester