Systems Engineer (Entry Level)Apply Requisition ID 115958BR Date updated 08/30/2018
About the role…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre Engineering Team, contributing to developing mission critical applications and systems as part of growing team working alongside world class partner organisations.
- Performs administration and backup tasks.
- Maintains relevant records and documentation.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications and services
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Assists in Red hat migration to CentOS.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature.
- Linux administration
- Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution.
- Contributes to maintaining system operation.
- Assists in database support activities.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of network problems.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- Knowledge of Linux Red Hat and CentOS
- Knowledge of Windows server 2012, Windows 7,10
- Active Directory administration
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Linux administration and deployment
- Windows Deployment Sever (WDS)
- Red hat migration
- VMware Vsphere ESXi administration
- Atlassian tool-set administration (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo etc.) for software development teams
- Commercial Anti Virus deployment and maintenance
- Support and maintenance of Server, Storage and Desktop hardware
- Network health monitoring
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Increasing demand for our Cyber Security capabilities led to the establishment of our Cyber Innovation Centre in Gloucestershire, which has grown rapidly since opening in late 2014. Additionally in February 2017 we opened our brand new Raytheon Cyber Centre in Manchester to grow our presence in the North. This has created a broad spectrum of roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
What we can offer you…
Ongoing development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Annual bonus + for this division an additional bonus for maintaining the highest level of government clearance
- 1.30pm finish on a Friday (37 hour week)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Due to the nature of Raytheon's commercial government client base, successful candidates will be expected to achieve the appropriate level of clearance specific to their employment.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Research & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Gloucester
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UCLA Electrical and Computer Engineering Career Fair (Fall 2018)
Time: 10:00 am PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: Mong Center Patio Engineering VI, Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Campus Career Fair
UCLA Employer Resume Day: Engineering & Tech Edition
Time: 10:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: UCLA Career Center, 2nd Fl. Rm. 200 , Type: Networking Event
UCLA Master's and PhD Networking Breakfat
Time: 9:00 am PT - 10:30 pm PT Address: Ackerman Student Union Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Networking Event
UCLA Engineering & Technical Fair- Day 1 (Fall 2018)
Time: 11:00 am PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: Ackerman Union 308 Westwood Plaza Second Floor Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon Hiring Event: Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Business Development, International, IT & More!
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking EventRegister
MOAA Military and Veteran Virtual Career Fair
Time: 1:00 pm PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister