Space Systems EngineerApply Requisition ID 151924BR Date updated 02/14/2020
Location – Harlow, Thatcham
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) Business Group and help grow a new area of capability. We are looking for an experienced Space Systems Engineer to join our Space Missions Systems Team in order to work on future space mission programmes. You will be involved in the development of the ARTEMIS Small Satellite Mission Management C2 system through the full system development lifecycle. You will be developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon UK C&I Space Missions Systems Team you will be part of an energetic and growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further your career aspirations and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Act as the ARTEMIS Space Systems Engineer for the Raytheon UK C&I Space Missions Systems Team;
- Support ARTEMIS System Engineering Studies, for example UKSpOC Installation Study, Operations Handover Study and Mission Tasking Integration Study;
- Support interface discussions with SSTL;
- Represent, maintain and ensure UK governance met (e.g. H&S, UK legislation, UK standards);
- Support Technical Exchange Meetings;
- Support face-to-face and/or direct customer interaction as delegated by Chief Space Engineer;
- Support end of increment system checkout;
- Support System Integration & Test activities;
- Attend Raytheon Mission Management C2 system provided training;
- Provide Discrepancy Reports (DR) data;
- Support Increment Demo/Planning/Training Events;
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Prior experience developing technical documentation, training material or conducting courses for the department of defence or foreign military customers
- Prior technical leadership experience and leading other team members during problem resolution
- Understanding of technical localization requirements and standards (e.g. H&S, UK legislation, DEFSTANS)
- Candidate will be EXIM certified (training to be undertaken once in post)
- Knowledge of UK MOD organization (ex: UKMOD, JFC, NGCI, Air Command)
- Technical expertise to support program studies
- Demonstrate effective leadership and influential skills, interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, team building skills, and multitasking skills
- Strong integration and troubleshooting skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with Satellite Mission Management, Command and Telemetry
- Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience and/or knowledge with Agile (Scrum), DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Automated testing tools (Cucumber, Gherkin)
In addition, you should display the following key behaviours:
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Contribute ideas that promote innovation.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance.
- Willing to learn.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills.
- BSc in an Engineering discipline, Systems Engineering/Software or equivalent
From missile warning and intelligence to weather, navigation and beyond, Raytheon space solutions deliver mission breakthroughs. Our ability to create and enhance space systems that incorporate transformative, next-generation technologies keeps our customers ahead of the threat. And by integrating commercial and open-source tech into our solutions, we're making the space domain more accessible - and affordable - than ever. We are invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology and as a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, continue to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
What we can offer you…
Ongoing development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - Thatcham
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens