Senior Commercial SpecialistApply Requisition ID 151650BR Date updated 11/22/2019
Raytheon UK is seeking to expand its Commercial and Supply Chain team in Gloucester with the addition of a Senior Commercial Specialist. The role is within Raytheon UK’s Cyber and Intelligence business and will involve the provision of expertise, guidance and management of contracts to manage financial, schedule, commercial and other contractual issues. The role reports to the programme Commercial & Supply Chain Manager.
This is a multi-faceted role, requiring specialism in Commercial matters but with a strong financial orientation. Working under general direction, the successful candidate will perform financial administrative and analysis duties, responding to financial queries, managing and ensuring timely administration of partner payments, and supporting the development and achievement of key programme financial metrics from a Commercial perspective. The role will also involve the management of routine and non-routine Contracts of moderate value and complexity.
- Provides support to the Commercial Manager in preparation of responses to Requests for Proposal and negotiation of agreements and changes
- Negotiates standard contracts and non-disclosure agreements within defined limits
- Manages moderate value contracts
- Identifies and manages contractual risks and opportunities, working collaboratively with customers and wider project team members
- Attends and contributes to customer and internal reviews
- Produces, or supports the production of, business cases/briefing materials for senior management reviews
- Maintains robust records to demonstrate compliance to functional processes
- Creates and maintains contractual compliance matrices
- Supports other members of the Commercial team as required
- Holds primary responsibility for managing the “end to end” customer and partner invoicing process, ensuring timely administration of customer billings and partner payments
- Assists with the monthly and quarterly forecasting process in regard to key financial metrics
- Provides financial reports and analysis on matters concerning key financial metrics
- Liaises with the wider team and directly, as appropriate, with customers and partners to resolve queries which result in an impact on the invoicing process
- Attends and contributes to internal reviews of a financial nature
- Participates in cross-functional improvement activity
- A degree or relevant experience within a commercial/contracts environment dealing with both the provision of goods and services
- Commercial proposal and quotation preparation skills
- Experience of negotiating and amending multiple types of contract agreements
- Experience of programme financial management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Driven and self-motivated to achieve results
- Holder of (or capable of attaining) SC security clearance
- SAP experience
- Holder of current DV security clearance
- Advanced Microsoft Office expertise (specifically Excel)
- Able to communicate in verbal, written and presentation formats;
- Strong organisers who can maintain focus on assigned tasking to completion.
- A Finisher – who delivers what they commit to do;
- Integrity and honesty; able to deliver bad news as well as good;
- Staying Power; maintains personal motivation over the long haul
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website http://jobs.raytheon.com/united-kingdom/search/
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Gloucester