Software EngineerApply Requisition ID 156868BR Date updated 02/06/2020
Locations: Harlow, Glenrothes
Summary of Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineering or STEM graduate to work in a new role within the Engineering function. Working for the engineering core function you will be an important member of the Special Response team that can be deployed across any of the business areas. This is a newly formed team that will operate in a dynamic ever changing landscape and provide a challenging yet rewarding experience for the right individual. This role will require an adaptable approach and developing the skills needed to meet a diverse range of engineering and technical environments.
The role will involve working on programmes with urgent demands, for example:
- Design, development and test of products and services
- Supporting bids and proposals
- Supporting improvement initiatives within the function
With sites around the country, travel will be an essential requirement. However, just as important will be the ability to work effectively from your home site with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- An appreciation of the software lifecycle
- A basic understanding of requirements definition & baseline management process
- Basic understanding of key software engineering tools & languages and willing to learn
- A quick learner that can swiftly analyse technically and positively contribute to Engineering deliverables
- A hands-on and positive approach to problem solving, with a can-do attitude
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technical skills that potentially cut across discipline boundaries
- Able to work collaboratively with different team environments, but also work in isolation for periods of time with positive outcomes
- Can work to tight deadlines and focuses on meeting commitments
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a STEM subject
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to obtain MoD SC or DV security clearance
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- To perform under pressure
- Experience of programming and testing software
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens