Project ManagerApply Requisition ID 150279BR Date updated 10/23/2019
Job Title: Project Manager
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic and high performing Project Manager to work within Raytheon’s facility based in Glenrothes. This is a critical role for the success of the Raytheon UK Weapons Business. The successful candidate will be responsible for project managing and reporting products manufactured in our “state-of-the-art” manufacturing facility in Glenrothes.
This is a complex role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The right candidate will be customer focused with a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget and will be able to effectively manage stakeholder relationships. You will be able to lead teams, be able to track project performance and look for creative and innovative solutions to challenges that arise. The work location will primarily be based at Glenrothes facility with requirements for occasional travel to other UK Raytheon sites and Raytheon sites within the US.
What can we offer?
Exciting projects to work on and the satisfaction that your role makes a real difference, this role means you will work on a number of large scale and high profile projects meaning never a dull day and difficult but rewarding decisions to make. We value diversity and recruit based on our values of collaboration and innovation.
What do we look for in you?
- Degree Qualified (or equivalent), Engineering or Science Degree preferred
- Experienced Project Manager with a successful track record in setting up and executing complex projects to schedule, budget and quality with P&L accountability
- Effective scope management and ability to understand and execute to customer requirements
- Experience in providing leadership and direction to multi-disciplined teams
- Risk and Opportunity management, knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk and opportunity management techniques and tools.
- Ability to make decisions and develop corrective actions based on interpretation of available project performance data and metrics
- Innovative and proactive problem solver – Anticipates and plans to mitigate risks
- Experience in capture and proposal management with a track record of preparing and submitting winning proposals
- Effective stakeholder management including both customer interfacing and presenting to senior management
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to influence, persuade, lead and motivate teams
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Northeastern University Fall 2019 Employer in Residence 11/19
Time: 10:00 am ET - 12:00 pm ET Address: University Career Services 350 Huntington Avenue 101 Stearns Center Boston, Massachusetts 02115 Type: Other
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Arlington VA
Time: 11:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 1110 N. Glebe Road, Suite 620 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Dulles, VA
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Keesler AFB, MS
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Bay Breeze Event Center 500 Ploesti Dr Biloxi, Mississippi 39534 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
#LinkedInMusicCity A Veteran Networking Event
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: MAFIAoZA'S 2400 12th Avenue South Nashville, Tennessee 37204 Type: Networking Event
Hire Vets Now - Naval Station Norfolk
Time: 11:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Vista Point Conference Center 1754 Massey Hughes Drive Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia Type: Professional Career Fair