Programme Engineering ManagerApply Requisition ID 152790BR Date updated 11/26/2019
Job Title: Programme Engineering Manager - SRT
Locations: Harlow, Glenrothes
Summary of Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineering or STEM graduate to work in a new role within the Engineering function. Working for the engineering core function you will be an important member of the Special Response Team (SRT) that can be deployed across any of the business areas. This is a newly formed team that will operate in a dynamic ever changing landscape and provide a challenging yet rewarding experience for the right individual. This role will require an adaptable approach and developing the skills needed to meet a diverse range of engineering and technical environments.
The role will involve working on programmes with urgent demands, for example:
- Design, development and test of products and services
- Supporting bids and proposals
- Supporting improvement initiatives within the function
With sites around the country, travel will be an essential requirement. However, just as important will be the ability to work effectively from your home site with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Project Management / Technical Lead experience across the engineering development lifecycle with cross-disciplined teams (electronics, mechanical, software, systems), managing to Schedule, Cost and Quality.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for the work to be performed, working collaboratively with the Programme Manager and rest of the Programme Team.
- Risk Management for all Engineering deliverables, including effective mitigations and monitoring to closure.
- Experienced in standard phased gate approaches with formal peer review and design reviews, in accordance to the project plan milestones, including formal documentation and certificates of conformance.
- A quick learner that can swiftly analyse and positively contribute to Engineering deliverables
- A hands-on and positive approach to problem solving, with a can-do attitude
- Able to work collaboratively with different team environments
- Can work to tight deadlines and focuses on meeting commitments
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a STEM subject
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to obtain MoD SC or DV security clearance
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills and ability to help remove roadblocks for the engineering team
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Experienced in Earned Value
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience of planning and estimating in design engineering environments
Adaptable and highly proficient to manage programmes with a well developed and varied “toolbox”
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UT Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Pensacola, FL
Time: 11:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Sonny’s BBQ 630 N. Navy Blvd Pensacola, Florida 32507 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Recruit Military Job Fair at Fort Hood
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th St. and Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Dulles, VA
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
SVA - Career Fair - Annual Conference 2020
Time: 8:00 am PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: JW Marriott 900 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, California 90015 Type: Diversity Conference Career Fairs
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Colorado Springs 11-2PM
Time: 11:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 1330 Inverness Drive Colorado Springs, Colorado Type: Professional Career FairRegister