Manufacturing Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeApply Requisition ID 144886BR Date updated 09/12/2019
Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application. Applications are invited for Engineering Graduates from Electrical & Electronic disciplines.
Summary of Role:
As a Manufacturing Engineering Graduate you will join our established two-year Graduate Leadership Development Programme. This will provide you with personal development skills, networking opportunities and an enjoyable learning environment. As an Engineering Graduate you will receive additional structured Engineering training to improve your technical abilities and job specific training as necessary.
We have multiple sites across the UK so there will be the opportunity to visit other UK sites as part of your 2 year program and beyond. Raytheon is growing and expanding our Manufacturing capabilities worldwide, adopting and adapting new innovative technologies.
What to expect:
You will rotate across all key Engineering Functions supporting Manufacturing; you will have direct engagement on multiple Programs and Processes, where you will make an immediate impact. In your first few days and weeks, you’ll get to grips with real challenges on projects that cross a range of Manufacturing disciplines.
At Raytheon the opportunities for career development are numerous and far reaching. As a leading Engineering company Raytheon employs thousands of Engineers worldwide and you will have the opportunity to shape the technologies and capabilities of the future.
Raytheon encourages working towards Chartered Engineer status (CEng) and will both support you and pay your membership fees if you choose to work towards this.
You will be allocated a Buddy and be offered to work with a Mentor to enhance your learning experience and to ensure a successful career with Raytheon.
Summary of Role:
During your 2 year program you will be placed with Engineers and Senior Engineers across all Manufacturing Support functions experiencing an environment where you are expected to learn and contribute in equal measure. You will assist the Production Teams across the business in all aspects of manufacturing support
As a Graduate Engineer you will be expected to learn and develop these abilities:
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplined Manufacturing team
- Support the develop of new manufacturing processes and programs
- Generate Manufacturing documentation, risk assessments and improvement activities
- Design and implement test processes and manufacturing processes
- Problem solving and Continuous Improvement Projects
- Configuration of product designs and their controlled change.
- Design products fit for manufacture
- Feedback on new program design for manufacturing
- Manufacturing Process Design and Flow
- Tooling and fixture design, development and fabrication
- Material Handling process development
- Process equipment support and maintenance
- Process programming and machine capability assurance
- Gauge R&R
- Fault finding and Troubleshooting
- Product testing at all levels - Functional and Environmental testing
- Risk Assessment and mitigation (FMEA)
- Team Oriented Problem Solving (8D)
Graduate Leadership Development Programme Training:
During the first 2 years, in addition to your main role, you’ll be assigned various modules to support your career development. These range from business skills to team building activities.
- Honours (2.1) degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Broad knowledge of Electronics Manufacturing and / or Test
- Experience within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Good and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Innovative thinker with self-motivation
- Good communicator able to work with others
- A passion for manufacturing excellence: getting it right first time, improving and effective problem solving, deploying new techniques and technologies
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system or 300 UCAS points old system
- Ability to relocate for the role if required and also travel to other UK sites and venues for training.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
- £27,500 salary reviewed twice a year for the first 2 years.
- £2,500 joining bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UMass Amherst Information Session
Time: 5:30 pm ET - 6:30 pm ET Address: Conference Center One Campus Center Way University of Massachusetts Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 Type: Information Session
NBVC Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: Naval Base Ventura County 1000 23rd Avenue Port Hueneme, California 93043 Type: Professional Open House
CSULB FLDP Fall 2019 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: California State University - Long Beach - University Student Union 1212 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, California 90815 Type: Campus Career Fair
Expo ExpertsThe DC CyberWeek CyberSecurity Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC 901 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington, District of Columbia 20001 Type: Professional Career Fair
CSUF STEM Internship & Career Expo Fall 2019
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: Titan Student Union 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, California 92831 Type: Campus Career Fair
DMAFB Capstone (Aviation Emphasis)
Time: 8:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: DMAFB S. Craycroft rd Tucson, Arizona 85708 Type: Professional Career Fair