Legal Council (Contract)Apply Requisition ID 131931BR Date updated 02/04/2019
Legal Counsel (Contract/Interim) - 3 days per week, part-time contract.
Location: Glenrothes, Manchester or Harlow - with some travel as required.
Summary of Role
To operate as legal counsel for Raytheon UK (RSL) and Raytheon ELCAN (ELCAN). The role holder will operate as a trusted advisor for the business providing legal advice and creating solutions for a range of complex and non-routine enquiries. The role holder will report directly into the Director of Legal Affairs and assist in the operational management of the Legal function.
- Review and where appropriate, negotiate a range of complex, high value and/ or non-routine commercial agreements within the UK and across foreign jurisdictions
- Brief stakeholders (UK and US) on interpretation of contractual provisions
- Project manage workstreams to obtain input on complex contracts which require engagement with RMS/ IIS and Corporate OGC and Contracts for specific provisions (IP, Tax, Insurance)
- Advise on contract structure to meet bid strategy
- Support programmes and pursuits of strategic importance to business
- Lead initiatives to implement business wide training, policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate complex compliance implementation requiring cross-functional input and awareness training
- Engage with external resources to provide value add to the business
- Implement processes to drive efficiencies for utilisation of external resource
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate activities of RSL to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Advise HR LT on significant employee disputes and organisational change
- Advise on strategy to reduce risk and exposure of organisation
- Assist and lead initiatives in support of the People Strategy
- Supervise NQ Legal Counsel and direct workload
- Support Data Privacy and Compliance Manager, Head of Global Trade and Head of Ethics
- English and/ or Scots law qualified solicitor.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective communicator, capable of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels.
- English law qualified.
- Familiarity with defence industry and related security regimes.
- Experience in developing and delivering training.
- Experience of working within an in-house environment.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - Manchester