HR Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeApply Requisition ID 144948BR Date updated 09/12/2019
Location(s): Glenrothes & Harlow
Application: Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application.
Summary of Role
Working within the Raytheon UK HR team, you will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team and gain skills and experience across the various disciplines within the HR function.
You will proactive team member, with ability to bring new ideas and current thinking from academia to the business environment and, in return, will gain thorough practical experience across multiple areas of the complete Human Resources capability & delivery to enable the business to deliver its people strategy.
As an HR graduate you will gain experience in the following areas through rotations in the following areas:
- HR Operations - working with our “MyHR” Shared Service team to gain an understanding on the operational activities such as day to day query management, people metrics and absence management.
- HR Policies & Procedures – practical understanding and application, exploring efficiencies and improvements
- Employee Relations & Case Management – supporting the team through the life cycle of investigations through to formal case management
- Compensation & Employee Benefits – supporting the implementation of our Reward Strategy, the annual pay review process, the annual Performance Development (PD) process
- Learning & Development - working with the L&D team to support the annual budget process within the business, dealing with training requests, understanding the various development programmes we offer across the business ranging from Apprenticeships through to Future Leader programmes
- Recruitment – working with the Internal recruitment team to manage the full 360 Recruitment lifecycle, involved in candidate attraction, branding campaigns, head-hunting & proactive resourcing & resource mapping, candidate & offer management, and gaining an overview of the functional & business requirements through the teams relationship management with key stakeholders
- Leading & supporting HR Projects –be involved in a number of wider strategic & operational projects to enable business people agenda improvements across the business, gaining exposure & experience working with HR and potentially cross functional teams
- 2:1 degree from any discipline
- Desire and willingness to undertake CIPD qualification
- Enthusiastic to start career within HR
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships
- Ability to work on your own or collaboratively across a multi-disciplined team
- Mobility - ability to travel to and be based at other UK sites as part of rotations
- Demonstrate leadership experience
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
-25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
-Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
-6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
-Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes.
-Enhanced sick pay scheme
-Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
-37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
-Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UMass Amherst Information Session
Time: 5:30 pm ET - 6:30 pm ET Address: Conference Center One Campus Center Way University of Massachusetts Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 Type: Information Session
NBVC Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: Naval Base Ventura County 1000 23rd Avenue Port Hueneme, California 93043 Type: Professional Open House
CSULB FLDP Fall 2019 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: California State University - Long Beach - University Student Union 1212 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, California 90815 Type: Campus Career Fair
Expo ExpertsThe DC CyberWeek CyberSecurity Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC 901 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington, District of Columbia 20001 Type: Professional Career Fair
CSUF STEM Internship & Career Expo Fall 2019
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: Titan Student Union 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, California 92831 Type: Campus Career Fair
DMAFB Capstone (Aviation Emphasis)
Time: 8:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: DMAFB S. Craycroft rd Tucson, Arizona 85708 Type: Professional Career Fair