Global Trade Compliance ManagerApply Requisition ID 145801BR Date updated 08/19/2019
Req ID: 145801BR
Location: Harlow or Glenrothes, other locations can be considered
Summary of Role
To ensure compliance with all trade regulations.This position is to contribute, create, manage and drive RUK’s international trade compliance programme. The Global Trade Compliance Manager will be applying trade compliance policies and procedures through monitoring and internal assessments with a view of understanding and advising RUK on the potential impacts. This role involves full range of Global Trade (GT) compliance responsibilities, but will primarily be involved in the conduct of RUK GT internal assessments, incident reports, investigations, drafting of voluntary disclosures and identifying corrective actions to avoid future occurrences of similar discrepancies. This role will support the wider GT function and the wider business to implement continuous improvements and corrective action plans, whilst still providing effective and efficient GT solutions. Travel within the UK will be required of this role.
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing clear compliance advice on international trade compliance activity matters.
- Coordinate and follow-up with other members of the Global Trade Team on matters requiring continued diligence and/or follow-up.
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Trade Team on matters of compliance especially with regards to areas identified in this role.
- Support the continuous development of RSL policies, procedures, work instructions relative to Import and Export compliance, collaborating with GT Operations and the business on developing and delivering clear and unambiguous processes.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, work instructions and any other internal documents are incorporated into affected processes, ensuring they are plain English and easy to understand by any employee regardless of role or experience.
- Make sure all required registrations are properly maintained.
- Make sense of the export control and licensing challenges, establishing the facts and recommending solutions that enable timely delivery and protects our future business.
- Conduct regular internal assessments of RUKs trade compliance activities ensuring implementation and effectiveness of internal trade controls, administration of GT policies, procedures, work instructions and any other internal documents, product classifications, export/import licensing, customs clearing, recording keeping, self-assessments completed by the business units, and track completion of corrective measures, if any, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Review all applicable trade records to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements, working with and supporting RUK and Raytheon Company, Legal and GT Operations in investigating and resolving compliance issues and questions
- Review of complex agreements (MLA’s, TAA’s etc.,) and ensuring Agreement Export & Import Control Plans (AEICPs) and all other records are complete and all supporting activities are maintained.
- Support the Controls and Monitoring systems (CAMS) assessments and testing.
- Support compliance enhancement initiatives by regularly collaborating with other functions across the business and the GT Operations team.
- Support the improvement and execution of GT tools and systems.
- Support (as required) RSL with external organizations such as, H.M. Revenue & Customs and Department for International Trade (DIT) and all other companies (both external and Raytheon) with regard to Export and Import matters.
- Support Corporate/Internal/External audits and closure actions where appropriate.
- Generate reports and performance metrics related to GT compliance.
- Conduct employee education and training on EXIM compliance issues and developments.
- Support the Head of Global Trade on specific projects as requested.
- Support trade compliance goals and objectives.
- Support the development of improved processes using Six Sigma and other lean tools.
- Extensive knowledge of U.K. Export Licensing Regulations, U.S. ITAR/EAR Regulations
- Experience in corporate compliance investigations, EXIM licensing, customs and border enforcement, global trade operations, and relevant regulatory regimes
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices on EXIM processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills, the ability to learn quickly, manage and prioritise multiple complex tasks and lead intermediate projects and investigations in a team environment
- Positive attitude, works well within a team and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to engage RUK business leaders to drive cross-functional implementation of new procedural solutions and work instructions in a timely and efficient manner
- Proactive, well organised with ability to effectively manage volume and prioritise accordingly
- Sound judgment and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent ability to provide effective advice and counsel on EXIM matters
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, EXIM and Global Trade tools and programmes
- All round business commercial awareness
- Strong team player
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain UK MoD Secret (SC) level Security Clearance
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow