University Programs: Software Engineering Intern
Fort Worth, Texas
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
Are you a College or University student interested in a software engineering internship opportunity in the Midwest in Fort Wayne, IN?
Then join our Raytheon team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan. Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for talented students to join our Software Engineering Center team in Fort Wayne, IN.
SAS is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield.
You will work with Raytheon professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will spend the summer in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
As a member of software team, typical job functions include:
- Support of the software team with the requirements, design, coding, build process, data analysis, and tools maintenance in their specific program area on a variety of software development environments and platforms.
- Collaborating with the some of the best engineers in the aerospace industry working on real-time embedded, tactical airborne systems, or complex application software products providing planning services and real time decision aids/services to our customers.
- Completed or planned coursework or equivalent knowledge/experience in the following areas: Programming in C and/or C++ and/or Java, Calculus for Engineers and Scientists.
- Candidate should be proficient with general purpose computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying).
- Previous Software related co-op / internship experience.
- Completed or planned coursework or equivalent knowledge/experience in following areas:
- Real-Time Embedded programming
- Software Engineering / Software life cycle
- Agile/Lean development techniques
- Software Integration
- Assembly language
- Signal Processing
- Algorithmic Fundamentals
- Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from a 4-year University and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering Major, or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.