University Programs: Software Engineer I
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
Are you a graduating Software Developer or Engineer interested in an opportunity to work in the Midwest in Fort Wayne, IN?
Then join our team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in Fort Wayne, IN.
SAS is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology for SAS by day, while in your free time you can explore the many cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make the Midwest so unique.
SAS offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
As a member of Software Team, typical job functions include:
Participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions.
Responsibilities spanning the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support.
- Software development experience (i.e. internship, co-op, or other work or academic project experience). See Desired Skills for examples of experience.
- Software development experience with C, C++, or JAVA or related languages.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Experience with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS or other Real-Time Operating systems.
- Experience with Real-Time Embedded programming.
- Experience with RTOS IDEs, workbenches, or equivalent development tools.
- Experience with Signal Processing algorithm implementation, MATLAB, Simulink, or similar modeling tools.
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Parallel Processing, or other computing techniques and methodologies.
- Must have a BS / BA with a major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or other related field by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.