University Programs: Program Planner II
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an Entry-Level Program Planning Professional to join the Integrated Program Planning department as a Program Planner II in Fort Wayne, IN. The successful candidate will support a diverse group of senior managers, engineers and functional personnel in the development and analysis of program plans and schedules within the Integrated Communication Systems business area.
Analytical problem solving and communication skills are essential for successful creation and implementation of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). During the program execution phase, the Program Planner is the focal point for changes and updates to the IMS. The successful candidate must be able to identify and recommend insightful mitigation plans to ensure that the IMS is used by program teams as a predictive model and as a valued management tool. This position requires an awareness of project management and review techniques. Basic facilitation skills and the ability to proactively communicate with peers, team leads, technical leaders, management and the customer are required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of program integrated master schedules.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and cost estimating tasks
- Incorporate contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS to maintain realistic, current contract schedule baselines
- Perform analyses, prepare reports and presentations to ensure programs meet or exceed schedule commitments
- Participate in the preparation of schedules for all contract work and assist in analyses such as critical path, schedule risk, and variance analysis
- 0-2 years of experience within Program Planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of Information Technology
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound presentation skills
- Understanding of process flows/flow-charting
- Detail oriented with the ability to thrive in deadline oriented environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Basic skills in project planning, business management budgeting, data analysis, and reporting
- Awareness of project management business systems and related planning software (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Familiarity with Statistical Methods and Analysis
- Awareness of planning and program products created as part of the planning process (e.g. Integrated Master Plans/Schedules, Product Breakdown Structures and Work Breakdown Structures)
- Awareness of Earned Value Management System or similar business process, Risk Mitigation, and Six Sigma
- Ability to balance cost/technical/schedule constraints to achieve customer satisfaction
- Must have a MS / MA with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.