University Programs: Video / Graphic Communication Internship (Junior, Senior, or Graduate)
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2019 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2019. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careersand apply!***
Ideal candidate is an undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student in videography, communications, or digital communication. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented, organized, and possess a professional work. We are seeking a creative thinker and an enthusiastic learner.
The role requires someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. You will work in a collaborative, team-oriented, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment on projects that include web and information graphics, videography, and presentation materials. You will work with all levels of the organization to create video content that may be used across the business, to produce short professional videos. You will use problem solving skills to solve layout issues, look for efficiencies, and maintain brand standards. We will need you to be able to work quickly, efficiently, and have a sharp eye for layout and detail, while adhering to established brand standards.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of storytelling. Experience in staging, and scene visualization is highly valued. We work in a fast paced, highly technical engineering-based manufacturing environment, thus the ideal Intern will need to be able to quickly work with all levels of the organization.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2019) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2019) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2019) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Experience operating and maintaining a variety of cameras, lighting, and other equipment.
- Experience with post-production functions including video editing programs such as Camtasia.
- Experience with website design using SharePoint.
- Experience working in collaboration with a production team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Products.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying).
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Prior experience in video production.
- Experience with producing, creative development, filming and editing projects.
- Ability to travel.
Required Education (including major):
- Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from a four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2019. Must be working towards a degree in Videography, Communications, Digital Communications, or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.