University Programs: Automation Engineer
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
The SAS Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) Automation Engineering team is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative team member to support automation projects within the SAS Forest Consolidated Manufacturing Center.
The Automation Engineer will work for the Forest Automation Manager. The position will allow for networking across SAS factories, which includes locations in El Segundo (CA), McKinney (TX), Forest (MS), Santa Barbara County (CA), and Largo (FL), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other Raytheon business units. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of automation projects either in previous internships, R&D or school projects.
- Experience with automation systems (robots, vision systems, PLCs, etc.).
- Experience within automation programming environments.
- Experience in mechanical and/or electrical design, computer vision, artificial intelligence, or other related field.
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks, Pro E, AutoCAD electrical, etc.).
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying).
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology and/or Six Sigma.
- Ability to collaborate with automation suppliers and integrators.
- Ability to support the production floor during troubleshooting and sustainment.
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts, Digital Manufacturing Simulation.
- Understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
- Familiarity with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols.
- Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML).
- Understanding of networking concepts (ie: TCP/IP).
- Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems.
- Must have a MS / MA with a major in Engineering (for example, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering),
- or equivalent Technical discipline by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.