Java Software EngineerApply Requisition ID 157800BR Date updated 03/13/2020
Location: Feltham or Wyton
Summary of Role
- Raytheon UK is seeking a Software Engineer to join a software engineering team in our Defence Intelligence Services (DIS). The role will be to develop and deliver a wide range of mission critical applications to our Defence and Intelligence Customers.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions including Defect Resolution.
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure products meet Raytheon quality standards.
- Support Customer and advise on product functionality and contribute to the continuous innovation of new products and services
- Document solutions and designs.
- Demonstrate ability to undertake Java application development.
- The successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK.
- Good interpersonal skills for Customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Java EE
- HTML5 / CSS3 / JSF / PrimeFaces
- Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, JPA
- SQL (Oracle)
- Rest WebServices
- JIRA / BitBucket / Confluence / Jenkins
- Apache Camel
- ElasticSearch, SOLR
- Rabbit MQ Messaging
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
SC - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Feltham
United Kingdom - Wyton
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
WIT Virtual Co-Op + Career Fair Spring 2020
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Wentworth Institute of Technology 115 Ward Street Tansey Gym Boston , Massachusetts 02120 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon Systems Engineering Virtual Event
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
MIT Virtual Career Fair Spring 2020
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: MIT Fall Career Fair 2019 350 Brookline St Building WW15 Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 Type: Campus Career Fair
SWE Virtual Fair
Time: 1:00 pm ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Fort Gordon Annual Veterans Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Fort Gordon Chamberlain Ave & 9th Street Augusta, Georgia Type: Professional Career Fair
Cleared Careers Hiring Event - Aurora, CO
Time: 3:00 pm MT - 6:00 pm MT Address: Radisson 3155 S Vaughn Way Aurora, Colorado 80014 Type: Professional Career Fair