Sr Mgr, SOF CapabilitiesApply Requisition ID 141550BR Date updated 05/31/2019
This role is part of the Corporate US Business Development (USBD) organization headquartered at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, NC, and will lead Special Operations Forces (SOF) Capabilities Business Development for the USBD Decisive Ground Operations & IAMD team. Senior Manager with primary responsibility for driving company growth in Special Operations Forces Capabilities, by providing exceptional customer knowledge and relationships, identifying and qualifying business opportunities, guiding strategies and supporting pursuits, improving competitiveness, being a catalyst for business synergies, and leading cross-company business development initiatives to success. This position will report to the Army Warfighters and Futures Command Business Integrator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and winning new SOF Capabilities business; in particular business opportunities with significant opportunity to migrate to larger Army, USAF and USN markets.
- Lead for Raytheon for formulating and executing cross-company, cross-service SOF Capabilities approaches that address US growth strategies and include international tenets.
- Responsible to lead/co-lead cross-company (OneRTN) SOF-related work groups (E.g. Raytheon SOF TechExpo WG, etc.)
- Provide the vision, leadership and collaboration required across Raytheon entities to coalesce their capabilities into solutions that align with the needs of the customer.
- Responsible to help advance international pursuits. This includes working with Raytheon International, Incorporated (RII) and advocating for international cases (FMS and DCS) at the appropriate acquisition office (e.g., SOCOM PEO Aviation).
- Thought leader responsible for relationship management within the SOF Capabilities community.
- Identifying SOF pursuits and engaging on capture and proposal activities, supporting gate and bid reviews, and assisting the development of capture/win strategies; the position requires a close working relationship with Raytheon’s business units and Product Line VPs across the enterprise.
- Focus on the customer: understand strategic environment, threat capabilities, problems, priorities, limitations and requirements. Understand how the customer perceives capability and capacity gaps. Create opportunities to help develop requirements. Shape opportunities to explain and promote Raytheon solutions. Raytheon lead for SOF customers. Provide the voice, intent, and strategic perspective and planning of the customers to the Raytheon enterprise.
- Support competitive (offense and defense) strategies and actions to win pursuits: understand strategic environment, in particular competitor strengths, weaknesses and strategies. Execute competitor intelligence gathering efforts to help Raytheon Businesses better understand and counter competitor actions. Seek every opportunity to promote Raytheon solutions over competitor solutions.
- Know Raytheon products, services and emerging technologies. Be prepared to explain capabilities to the customer to solve both short-term capability gaps and emerging requirements.
- Sustain an ethical and professional environment, including a strong foundation for diversity and inclusion.
- Possess the highest standards of leadership and integrity; ethical standards beyond reproach.
- Demonstrate inclusive and collaborative behaviors consistent with Raytheon Values. Perform all duties in accordance with established company policies, industry standards, regulation and law.
- Minimum of 12 years related experience.
- Four years of experience at the Senior Manager-level in aerospace or closely related industry.
- Experience with SOF requirements development and SOCOM acquisition processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Secret level security clearance
- Thought-leader in the SOF community
- Strategic perspective to identify potential Raytheon growth opportunities
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning and the ability to analyze and evaluate missions, requirements, technologies and capabilities
- Proven ability to develop effective professional relationships through personal influence - proactive, responsive, consistent and persistent.
- Understands customer requirements and mission needs with a focus on collaboration; identifies opportunities for strategic alliances, opening new opportunities and market segments.
- Advanced degree in business or relevant technical field preferred
- 16 years of experience in progressively more responsible leadership positions
- Able to obtain a Top Secret SCI level security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 141550
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Type Of Job
NC - Fayetteville
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Transform military experiences into private sector enterprises
As an organization, we have a tremendous level of respect for military service. Our customers are the men and women defending our nation, and a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves, National Guard or are military veterans themselves. Learn More
Forget Silicon Valley
Defense companies are technology companies – but with missions bigger than creating the next hot gadget for the holidays. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
MacDill Quarterly Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Surf’s Edge Club 7315 Bayshore BLVD MacDill AFB, Florida 33621 Type: Professional Career Fair
Patch Barracks Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Swabian Special Events Center Patch Barracks 2502, 7056 Stuttgart, 70569 Type: Professional Career Fair
Ramstein Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Ramstein Officers' Club 302 Lincoln Boulevard Ramstein, 66877 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
National Intern Day
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Networking Event
Hire Our Heroes Joint Base San Antonio Networking Reception
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: RBFCU Admin Service Center 1 IKEA RBFCU Parkway Randy Smith Auditorium Live Oak, Texas 78233 Type: Professional Career Fair