Instructional Designer / Technical Curriculum Developer - Cyber Security
Falls Church, Virginia
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Security Awareness Training Content Creator will be responsible for helping to build out an ongoing Cyber Security Awareness and Training program.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Designs, builds, and implements web-based, multi-media development solutions which use instructional methods that best suit the content and learning needs of participants
- Develops course material and assessment techniques that meet the defined learning objectives
- Supports design and implementation of projects
- Perform analysis on information received from SMEs in order to determine key learning points and content
- Collaborates proactively with team members and clients to design and implement the most effective development solutions
- Assists with setting strategies for e-Learning initiatives
- Promotes innovation in the use of e-Learning throughout the curriculum
- Acts as a thought leader and subject matter expert focusing on the design of curriculum, course content and materials, and assessment and evaluation of results.
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- Experience with supporting curriculum development and technical training
- 1-4 years of strong experience with Adobe Captivate
- Experience in the creation and development of training curriculums and materials
- Ability to translate learning objectives into courses that flow well and deliver the necessary information with interest
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Top notch editing and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and positively adapt to change.
- Ability to work proactively in a team environment, offering assistance to co-workers as needed
- Experience in the role responsibilities identified above
- 4+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor's Degree are required
- Experience with Adobe Captivate 2017
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Telecommuting is not available for this role.
Relocation is not offered. 132717
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Computer/Management Information Systems
Publications & Graphic Arts
Training & Development
Type Of Job
VA - Falls Church
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).