University Programs: Systems Engineer I
El Segundo, California
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Secure Systems Engineer (SSE) intern to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their education, technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cyber security, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The SSE will participate in the development of embedded system security solutions, and will be responsible for developing and executing efforts for secure system products.
The SSE must be able to work as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, and test. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for supporting security integrity and information assurance leveraging guidelines and concepts. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter and demonstrate ability to exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills
- Familiar with designing, testing, and fielding security-oriented solutions
- Familiar with secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies and guidelines
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship required as this position requires a Clearance within the first 12 months of employment
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Knowledge with multi-level security solutions
- Knowledge performing reverse engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a BS from an Accredited University with a major in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or other related field by summer 2020
- or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.