University Programs: Program Planner Intern
El Segundo, California
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our website for additional opportunities and apply!***
Space and Airborne Systems is seeking a program management, planning & scheduling professional to join the SAS Planning & Scheduling Department. This position is for a Program Planner within Space and Airborne Systems in El Segundo, CA. In this position, the planner will be responsible for assisting the lead scheduler (or functioning as lead scheduler) with schedule management and analysis, as well as other Program activities for the Program Planning & Scheduling Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating and maintaining a program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Assist in planning, scheduling and cost estimating tasks.
- Prepare reports to assist in ensuring that programs meet or exceed schedule commitments.
- Participate in the preparation of schedules for all contract work and perform and/or assist in analyses such as critical path, schedule risk and variance analysis.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
- This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Proficient with MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be a college Junior, Senior, or Graduate student by Fall 2020
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Knowledge of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) or similar business process
- Experience with Microsoft Project (or similar project scheduling software)
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
- Organizational, prioritization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management
- Ability to deliver customer focused solutions
Required Education (including major):
Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from an accredited university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Information technology or related field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 157359BR 157359
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.