University Programs: Program Planner I
El Segundo, California
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Seeking a program management, planning & scheduling professional to join the SAS Planning & Scheduling Department. This position is for a Program Planner in El Segundo, CA. Will be responsible for assisting the lead scheduler (or functioning as lead scheduler) with schedule management and analysis, as well as other Program activities for the Program Planning & Scheduling Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Assist in planning, scheduling and cost estimating tasks.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports to assist in ensuring that programs meet or exceed schedule commitments.
- Participate in the preparation of schedules for all contract work and perform and/or assist in analyses such as critical path, schedule risk and variance analysis.
- Incorporate contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS in order to maintain realistic, current contract schedule baselines
- Experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Knowledge of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) or similar business process
- Experience with Microsoft Project (or similar project scheduling software)
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
- Ability to deliver customer focused solutions
Required Education (including major):
Must have a BS / BA with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology, or other related field by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 157357BR 157357
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.