Supply Chain Program Specialist I
El Segundo, California
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) S3 group is looking for a Supply Chain Program Specialist II. You serve as the leader for all programs’ supply chain activities and are the liaison between the Program Manager(s), IPT’s and other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. You also responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. You will work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedules based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Responsibilities span from the front end of the business SCM activities through contract closure. We need an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Risk and Opportunity management, briefing in customer forums, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans
- Creating, managing, and executing material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP).
- Providing comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensuring compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable.
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Developing and leading supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Developing and executing risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Identifying and developing opportunities for small business participation
- Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS.
- Developing and tracking budgets, targets, working capital, initiating and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, short-range outlooks (SRO), material EACs, sales and operating Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
- Flowing down Supplier Management Best Practices to suppliers which include risk mitigation and subcontract management plans.
- Collaborating with other S3 programs to maximize efficiency of program execution
- Experience participating in teams
- Experience with MRP/ERP Systems (SAP, Oracle, etc)
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel, etc)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Raytheon MPM certification or equivalent experience
- Experience interfacing with internal management
- Leading team of individuals
- Schedule/Budget management
- Experience in Earned Value Management or demonstrated performance against financial budgets and forecasts
- Experience with the development of SSOW’s
- Experience developing & executing Risk/Opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Raytheon Earned Value certification
- Demonstrated performance against financial budgets and forecasts
- Experience supporting proposal efforts
- Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies
Required Education: Must have a BS / BA with a major in Business or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.131229
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.