Subcontract ManagerApply Requisition ID 142537BR Date updated 06/14/2019
In this role you will:
- Perform procurement and supplier management functions in support of U.S. Government and Commercial (Domestic and International) subcontracts. Administer and manage high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts/inter-organizational transfer from $1M to in excess of $50M in value.
- Manage the overall sourcing and procurement activities from development through production and final contract close out.
- Manage tactical and strategic aspects of supplier relationship. Monitor and manage incoming supply of materials to fully support MRP and independent demand; includes interface with functional and internal support organizations, such as Integrated Product Teams (IPT), Engineering, Production Control, Operations and Material Program Managers, and Program Office.
- Develop supply chain strategies and alternatives. Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Perform risk analysis including identifying risks, opportunities, potential impacts, and mitigation plans.
- Lead the supplier management team and be the focal point for subcontractor performance. Includes: RFP generation, Review adequacy of requirements flow-down; Development of negotiation strategy and lead multi-functional negotiation teams; Negotiation of price, delivery, payments and all contractual terms; Purchase order Placement and maintenance; Earned Value Management; Milestone monitoring and completion assessments; Trend analysis.
- Perform Price and Cost Analysis. Serve as group level coordinator and program administrator for the High Risk Supplier Management and Enterprise Supplier Risk Tool processes.
- Communicate clearly, be proactive in a very fast paced environment, flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility yet be thorough, and drive tasks to completion.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct DoD procurement/major subcontract management experience
- Direct experience in awarding and managing Cost type subcontracts
- Experience as a Prime Subcontract Manager
- Experience with New Business Capture and Proposal processes in a subcontracts management role
- Experience working with FAR/DFAR
- Experience in Earned Value Management or related financial management experience
- Experience with leading subcontract management teams
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Experience interfacing with internal customers and all levels of management
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with negotiation of price reductions and terms and conditions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally, if required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience procuring launch services and/or payload bus
- Thorough understanding of risk identification, mitigation and contingency planning
- Knowledge of import / export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- Technical knowledge of space related hardware applications
- Six Sigma and productivity improvement experience
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, processes, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U of Arizona- Engineering/STEM Next Day Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Screens
U. of Arizona - Eller EXPO (Finance LDP) - Undergrad (Fall 2019)
Time: 11:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: McClelland Atrium, 2nd Floor 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall Career Days - Engineering & Technology Fall 2019
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Spartan Stadium 891 Birch Rd East Lansing, Michigan 48824-5005 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall 2019 AES Networking Mixer
Time: 7:00 pm ET - 8:30 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking Event
New Mexico State U. - Career Expo (Fall 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Corbett Center Student Union 3rd Floor Ballrooms 1600 International Mall Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. Texas, San Antonio Campus Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens