Sr. Applications Technologist II - DOORS
El Segundo, California
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Sr. Applications Technologist II role. The primary responsibility of this job is to support, sustain, and deploy Systems Engineering tools and processes with primary focus being on Architecture & Modeling solutions (e.g. Rhapsody and Design Manager), Requirements Management solutions (i.e.
DOORS and DOORS Next Generation) and Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions (i.e. Rational Quality Manager).
• Consult with programs on the implementation of Systems Engineering solutions
• Troubleshoot tool related problems
• Tailor tools to specific program needs
• Identify and document systems engineering automation best practices and improvements
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience in a Systems Engineering Team or Engineering Solutions Team plus schooling and certifications in lieu of degree
- Experience on Systems Engineering team, or Engineering Solutions team, involved with one or more of the following:
- Application of System Modeling & Architecture tools (Rhapsody and Design Manager
- Requirements Management Tools (DOORS advanced application), MBSE, and/or Object Oriented Systems Engineering
- Customer engagement/relationship management experience or prior consulting experience
- Strong automation background with the desire to work with computers
- Experience with engineering application license management
- Experience working with end users to troubleshoot/solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• DoD programs experience (either directly on a program or in a supporting role)
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Experience supporting IBM CLM tools
• Familiarity with Raytheon processes and Business-specific work instructions related to requirements management and/or test engineering
• Experience working with commercial software vendors to beta test new products and then provide evaluation/feedback to drive the improvement of those product
• Experience supervising or managing an engineering team
• TS SSBI or S clearance preferred
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant discipline or equivalent combination of direct experience on a Systems Engineering team, or Engineering Solutions team plus schooling and certifications in lieu of degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- University Programs: Mechanical Engineer I El Segundo, Point Mugu, Naval Air Warfare Center
- Mgr II Financial Analysis Dallas, Dulles, Tucson, El Segundo, McKinney, Fullerton, Forest, Marlborough, Largo
- Financial Analyst II El Segundo
- University Programs: Systems Engineer II El Segundo
- Principal Financial Analyst - EVMS El Segundo
- Sr Systems Administrator II El Segundo