Space Systems – Early Career – Systems Engineer – Secret
El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Systems Engineer provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, and test-related activities in support of National Space Systems programs. Our portfolio of sensor products span the entire electromagnetic spectrum – from visible, infrared, to radio frequency.
- Development of system architectures, requirements, and concept of operations (CONOPS)
- Development of test strategies, test equipment (design, procurement, integration, test, and operations), verification plans, and test procedures
- Conducting test activities on hardware and software products, such as verification of functionality, performance, and environmental compatibility
- Data analysis of hardware under test or in operation
- Modeling and simulation of space missions, systems, subsystems, sensor physics and phenomenology
- Providing technical input on program activities, budgets, and schedules
- Communicating status, results and recovery plans to senior management
- Working in a cross-functional team environment
- Creating technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Contributing to systems engineering reviews and engineering analysis of space systems
- Supporting new business development efforts through participation in proposal generation and customer outreach
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in systems engineering or related activity
- Demonstrated interest in systems engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support
- Multidisciplinary experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment
- Active Secret and/or additional clearances
- Experience in space systems engineering functions
- Engineering experience with space imaging technology
- Modeling and simulation of space systems
- Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
- Knowledge of environmental test methods
- IPTL & EVMS experience
- Proficient in Matlab, Python, or related programming languages
- Technical publications and/or patents
- Active Top Secret clearance or SSBI
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related discipline; advanced degrees preferred
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).