Principal Systems Engineer -IPTL - Test Automation
El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Software (SW) & firmware Integrated Product Team Leadership (IPTL)
- Project planning and execution.
- SW & firmware requirements flow down and traceability.
- Developing Test Systems SW & firmware requirements, designs and conducting Table Top, Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Generating SW and firmware documentation (SRS, VDD, SDD).
- Assuring Product under test meets the design and performance requirements in accordance with the build plans, the User needs, and Customer expectations.
- Responsible for the overall product Integration, Validation, and Verification (IV&V) of the System.
- Directing individuals in the preparation of Test Plans, Integration Plans and Test Procedures.
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in SW and firmware related to Antenna test system applications from LP, HPNF and FF Chambers Test Systems who will leverage their expertise to push test systems technology forward.
Duties include Team Leadership, architecture and design of Test Systems SW and firmware applications, participation as a subject matter expert in design reviews across multiple programs as well as participation in proposal efforts, technical leadership and oversight of SW and Firmware design teams, implementation of product development processes and technical risk assessments, deployment and improvement of design processes, technology planning and roadmap alignment, and mentoring.
US Citizenship Required
- Minimum 8+ years of related work experience to include 3+ year’s software architecture design/development/integration.
- Software Programming (C++); Process knowledge (i.e. SAS MS, IPDS, CMMI).
- Hands-on, working knowledge of Linux/Unix/Solaris OS are required for control of the test systems and sequencing of test program sets.
- User Interface development on Unix and Visual Studios.
- Proficient with drawing tools such as LabView, MatLab, OrCad, AutoCad, Mentor Graphics.
- Test Equipment interface with GPIB and Ethernet.
- Test Station Integration and Diagnostics.
- Must have existing DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret and SSBI clearance and/or a Special Access clearance.
- Tactical radar experience.
- Antenna LP and HPNF measurement test system experience.
- Flight test and Integration experience.
- Ability to understand radar modes and how they fit together with operational tactics.
- Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) management experience.
- Technical leadership experience with engineering and other functional disciplines.
- Proposal and earned value management experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).