Principal Software Engineer
El Segundo, California, Aurora, Colorado
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. A qualified candidate for the Space Programs will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. Primary responsibilities include requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design. Additional responsibilities include: software development of command, control, and telemetry of various space-based sensors and control mechanisms, and unit and module software test activities.
The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment. The candidate will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation. The candidate will be leading a team of SW developers, performing the role of Scrum Master. The candidate must be a good communicator with the ability to present technical information to program management and customers.
***U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.***
- 8+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development.
- BS or higher degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent.
- Experience in Object Oriented C++.
- Experience in full life-cycle software development, implementation, design and overall architecture.
- Expertise writing Software Requirements Specifications and Preliminary design development.
- Experience with software test activities including developing software integration and test plans for large scale systems.
- Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers.
- Experience with leading a team of SW developers.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Understanding of software development best practices and processes.
- Experience as a Scrum Master.
- EVMS experience including IMS status, variance analysis, and metrics analysis and reports.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- SCI with in-scope (investigated within 5 yrs) SSBI
- OR Top Secret with in-scope (investigated within 5 yrs) SSBI.
- Experience working on AWS.
- Experience architecting large micro-service based architectures.
- Experience with Python.
- Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools.
- Ability to work on program resource needs with functional management and program management.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.