Material Program ManagerApply Requisition ID 142581BR Date updated 06/14/2019
The MPM will serve as the leader for all programs’ supply chain activities and are the liaison between the Program Manager(s), IPT’s and other functional leads, and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM will be a member of the program office that participates in Program Performance Reviews (PPR), Program Change Control Board (PCCB), Risk & Opportunity Review Board, and Engineering Review Board (ERB). The MPM is also responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The MPM will work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedules based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Responsibilities span from the front end of the business Supply Chain activities through contract closure. The MPM must be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
The MPM should have financial, contracting, and negotiating experience and have had project management responsibilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Risk and Opportunity, personnel, briefings in customer forums, and work in cross-functional teams.
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans
- Creating, managing, and executing material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP).
- Providing comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensuring compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable.
- Having overall ownership of the supplier management process including supplier performance, SCM metrics, international issues, Make/Buy Where strategy, strategic agreements, and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Developing and leading supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Developing and executing risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Identifying and developing opportunities for small business participation
- Monitoring and proactively addressing performance and financial metrics including those related to cost, schedule, quality, and EVMS.
- Developing and tracking budgets, targets, working capital, initiating and maintaining accurate sales forecasts, short-range outlooks (SRO), material EACs, sales and operating Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
- Acting as the Control Account Manager (CAM) for material and SCM labor.
- Flowing down Supplier Management Best Practices to suppliers which include risk mitigation and subcontract management plans.
- Collaborating with other S3 programs to maximize efficiency of program execution including radar commonality.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in Material Program Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, or Quality functions
- Supply Chain experience in the Aerospace, Defense, or commodities-related industry
- Experience with customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty clauses
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with MRP/ERP based requirements planning systems such as SAP, Oracle, MAPICS, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Raytheon MPM certification or equivalent experience
- Experienced leader communicating and presenting to all levels of Management and senior leadership
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- EVMS, Earned Value certification or equivalent
- Working experience as a Cost Account Manager
- Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
- Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related field
MBA, Masters in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U of Arizona- Engineering/STEM Next Day Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Screens
U. of Arizona - Eller EXPO (Finance LDP) - Undergrad (Fall 2019)
Time: 11:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: McClelland Atrium, 2nd Floor 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall Career Days - Engineering & Technology Fall 2019
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Spartan Stadium 891 Birch Rd East Lansing, Michigan 48824-5005 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall 2019 AES Networking Mixer
Time: 7:00 pm ET - 8:30 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking Event
New Mexico State U. - Career Expo (Fall 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Corbett Center Student Union 3rd Floor Ballrooms 1600 International Mall Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. Texas, San Antonio Campus Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens