El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Whether aloft in the skies aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies or an airborne surveillance platform monitoring developments on the ground, Raytheon’s Secure Sensor Solutions mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging environments, and identify and discriminate friendly and foe objects.
Part of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement.
With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The GPS & Navigation Systems (GNS) product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems specializing.
These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
#Guiding the mission
The GPS and Navigation Department is seeking a Senior Technical Lead to be responsible for the development of System Architectures solutions to drive product and technology growth that aligns with GNS business strategy. The ideal candidate should be a technically sound leader, committed to innovative, cost-effective solutions for GPS and Navigation applications.
The candidate should have a strong sense of logic, and ability to apply reasoning. An individual that is a motivated self-starter, willing to challenge themselves to do better, and continually grow. A person who rejects the status quo, and searches for clever and innovative ways to improve the current state by using a solid foundation rooted in the fundamentals of engineering as the basis for improvement.
Providing innovative and System architecture solutions consistent with business development plans.
Partnering with the GNS Business Development and the GNS Leadership team to advance Raytheon’s market footprint consistent with the projected GNS business plan.
Providing technical leadership to a team of engineers that include leading the execution of design, build, integration and test activities, problem resolution and verifying that the deliverable products meet all program and customer requirements.
Providing project management reports as required, support senior level reviews as necessary.
Providing inputs and reviews of the engineering technical baseline as part of proposal efforts.
Interfacing with the program’s leadership and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide progress status updates on work products.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in systems engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of Navigation Systems Architectures and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of GPS/GNS requirements, design, algorithms or performance analysis
- Knowledge of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
- Experienced in signal fusion of alternate signal technics and applications
- Experienced in leading or conducting architectural trade studies
- Experienced with proposal and technical baseline development
- Background and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, RF, and/or system level requirements
- Experience leading small teams to achieve goals on cost and schedule
- Practice at preparing management level briefings
- Can work effectively in both independent and team environments
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Experience with GPS receiver RF and digital electrical hardware development and integration, or equivalent experience with RF systems
- Knowledgeable and experienced with GPS or RF receiver anti-jam techniques
- Background in RF signal processing
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field
Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142373
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Principle Mission Analyst El Segundo
- Sr PWB Layout Designer El Segundo
- Chief Engineer - EWS / RF / SEIT Dallas, El Segundo, Goleta, McKinney, Nashua, Arlington, Denver
- Electrical Engineer I El Segundo
- University Programs: Electrical Engineer (Intern) El Segundo
- Sr Principal Electrical Engr El Segundo, Goleta