How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Job Description:Raytheon Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is seeking an experienced Penetration Tester to conduct penetration testing and generate associated vulnerability assessment for one of our clients. The Penetration Tester must be able to plan, communicate, coordinate and conduct penetration tests and security assessments for applications, systems and enterprise networks.
This position would be based in the Eagan, Minnesota area.
Relocation is not provided.
Job responsibilities would include:
- Plan, communicate, coordinate and perform penetration testing, application testing, and security assessments at application, system and enterprise level
- Develop Rules of Engagement, scoping documents and reports
- Perform manual penetration tests and validation of vulnerability scan results
- Develops automation/scripts for replicating vulnerability validation and penetration tests
- Devises plans and scenarios for various types of penetration tests
- Documents exploits and results in remediation in final vulnerability assessment report
- Perform information technology security research to remain current on emerging technology trends and develop exploits for disclosed and undisclosed vulnerabilities
- Contributes to developing and implementing tools for penetration testing and early warning of weaknesses or possible incidents building on methodologies as promulgated by NIST, ISO, etc. to ensure useful, measurable, and repeatable methods applied to quantifying risk
- Selects, installs, and configures security testing platforms and tools or develop tools and procedures for penetration tests
- Performs penetration testing using standard penetration tools (Metasploit, Nmap, Nessus, Burp Suite, etc.)
- Performs off-hours work as necessary
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance.
- Experience with web and mobile applications, databases, operating systems
- Experience in penetration testing large and complex enterprise networks
- Experience with utilizing penetration testing framework such as OWASP
- Experience with regulatory compliance, policy development, and policy enforcement
- Experience with FISMA compliance and the NIST SP 800 series
- Experience in the roles identified above
- 4+ years of network or system security
- 4+ years of penetration test experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on OS configuration/administration experience
- Programming experience with focus on penetration testing or process automation
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Experience with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Tenable SecurityCenter
- HP Fortify
- IBM AppScan
- Experience with three or more of the following:
- Security COTS integration
- Operating System Hardening
- Vulnerability Assessment testing
- Identification and Authentication schemes
- Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Reverse Engineering
- Security engineering
- Mobile Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Excellent writing skills
Bachelor’s Degree in related field Equivalent experience in military, civil, or corporate continuity planning will be considered.
OSCP, CISSP, CEH preferred.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MN - Eagan
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).